School Keeps Parent In Dark As It Sends Her Daughter Off For An Abortion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 24, 2010.

1. stu

stu

Hey Barth

Our discussion was not about what your faith means to you. As far as I am concerned that is a personal matter and as such is entirely your own business. I have never criticized you or anyone for wanting to have religious belief. In that regard I am happy to be at stalemate. Of course, it takes all sorts.

The reasons you give for having it, or reasons you put forward why others should fall for it too, are fair game and open to scrutiny as are all other things in any free part of the world.

So to those reasons.
    If you are that superstitious that you find you need to deal with stuff by talking to the ceiling , on your knees with your eyes shut to an invisible friend who has lost the letter o from its name, whilst other people are actually thinking about doing something to really help people , then ok too.
    All I said was, the end result is going to be the same as it is with the Doc's "couldn't give a damn" irrespective of any religious pretence to the contrary.

I'm saying that's fine. I just thank goodness others are able to think practically and actually do things whilst you are busy playing g_blins.

Where I think it gets wrong is in trying to suggest that your superstitious practices are going to be an honest response to a serious situation, such as abortion , where in consideration of that, good counseling, experienced help ,kind careful consideration with real practical sound professional medical advice , proper solutions and options for the mother and the conditions she finds herself facing, are obviously going to be the most essential things.

Entreating her to make wishes to a magic fairy for an unknown outcome that suits the invisible one, is in essence, quite remarkably, what you have suggested is the thing to do.

I suggest that's not sensible way nor an adult way to deal with the reality of such issues. In the 21st century especially, you may as well say you don't care, by suggesting incantation to the skies is a reasonable approach to deal with abortion.

And you know what? When push come to shove, I think you sound too fair and sensible a person to really think it is.
    Although that irrational superstition called religion which commonly arises from ignorance , fear, inability or unwillingness to think, certainly does do strange things to folk.

best regards
    stu

#81     Mar 28, 2010
  2. "I suggest that's not sensible way nor an adult way to deal with the reality of such issues. "

Oh yes, stu is the leader of the sensible adult way...

Problem is most sensible adults don't think of water droplets as designers....

Rolling of the floor laughing my ass off...

#82     Mar 28, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

If I said, "double blind studies of meditation show it has a small but statistically significant positive effect on some medical outcomes", few would would get very excited about it. Why?

#83     Mar 28, 2010
  4. jem

jem

It dopes like you, Stu, who brought up the vatican. it is the liberals response when they are incapable of logic.
    My view is mostly formed by my legal training.

#84     Mar 28, 2010
  5. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I post the article about the 9 year old girl is pregnant,(rape from stepfather) and the catholic church kick out the family because they take her for the abortion. Not stu.

Is not liberal opinion, I am asking if someone is so angry about the state can let 15 year old girl have abortion and the parents do not know, why no anger if this catholic church try to have control of personal decision from the parent? You let some man in the big hat and robe tell you what is good for your 9 year old daughter?
    They so angry of that abortion for the little girl they kick the family from the church, but they hide all that pedophile priests from the law? Stupid.

So fast to kick out the family, but no kick out those priests when they KNOW what they do?

#85     Mar 29, 2010
  6. jem

jem

The original post on this thread was about a girl being sent for an abortion by a school.

Most thinking americans who care about their liberty would be against the state becoming involved in decisions that should be at the very least up to the child's family or some private people with nothing to do with the state. How you bozo's can not detest seeing the state get more an more power over your lives is unbelievable.

Don't they make you read 1984 in school any more?

What does that have to do with the vatican or religion.

#86     Mar 29, 2010
  7. stu

stu

Your "legal training" had you continuously writing one of the fundamental words a legal practitioner would be aware of wrongly on numerous repeated occasions. It took many attempts to correct your unlearned flunk .

Your "legal training" has you mentioning the vatican and then trying to say I mentioned the vatican.

Your "legal training" drags religion into things and then says it was I who dragged religion into things.

Your view as you say is mostly formed therefore by an uneducated , uniformed, inadequate, disordered and confused "legal training".
    You’ve made that much clear.

With "legal training" ignorance on board, you make blanket statements about freedom and liberty whilst altogether ignoring what the same freedom and liberty would also mean for the girl herself.

No doubt much to the surprise of your "legal training" , parents do not own their children. They are supposed to care for them and be responsible under the law . Their personal relationship in trust buliding and dependability is between themselves.
    The parents should unlike yourself, avail themselves of the law, especially how it effects their child at school. If they find they don't like it, do something to use the law or change the way it concerns their children, or move to another state.

The parents here apparently were not aware of what the law states, or that their daughter was having unprotected sex, or that her school ran a clinic that could facilitate abortion.
    Did the parent "Jill" not understand that her daughter can get pregnant? Did she not explain about sex or warn about abortion, or how she would want to be right there if anything did go astray in any way and she got pregnant? Did she expect her rights which she says were stripped away, must always supersede any rights her child should expect to have under the law? Rather than railing the system she didn't check was there, wouldn't she be better having a little introspection , wondering why her daughter didn't want to say anything?

Perhaps "Jill" has "legal training" like you.

#87     Mar 29, 2010
  8. jem

jem

you will also notice I frequently type you when I mean your... My responses are filled with typos. You seem to go back to your juvenile typo alerts whenever you feel intellectually over matched. .

Note 2 - trendlover brought up the vatican.

The rest of your writing is even less deserving of a response.

You should learn to take you emotions out of your writing.

#88     Mar 29, 2010