School Keeps Parent In Dark As It Sends Her Daughter Off For An Abortion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 24, 2010.

1. --------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not understand why the pro life girl did not talk to her mom. If she is pro life she would no have the abortion.
    I look on the internet to see how the clinic can not tell the mom, and I find this (consent form). This mom sign that paper. So parents have the choice to sign this paper. And this consent is for "reproductive health care" and "without parent/guardian consent."
    And the consent form say this too; "The School-Based Health Center encourages each youth to involve his/her parents or guardians in health care decisions whenever possible."

If this is me, I will talk to my family. So maybe the girl feel like she can not talk to her family?

Jem, I think of the example of the pregnant 9 year old girl (if this was your daughter) You really make her have the baby when she is raped? And rape by her stepfather?
    I think you can say that for only because it did not (really) happen to your daughter.

http://www.ballardbeavers.org/Services/Student Health/bthc.html

Consent for Health Services

School-Based HealthSchool-Based Health Centers
    Centers located in Seattle Public Schools must have a signed consent from a parent or legal guardian before providing services to youth, except in situations where federal and/or state laws allow youth to access such treatment without parent/guardian consent. Youth may independently access reproductive health care at any age; they may independently receive drug and alcohol services and mental health counseling from age thirteen. If necessary, the Centers will inform youth of options for outside care and will assist the youth in discussing these issues with parents/guardians. If the youth is enrolled in school but is not enrolled in a School-Based Health Center, he/she can continue to receive school nurse services.

I hereby request and authorize that:

Print Youth’s Name: ________________________________________________ _______________
    First Name Middle Initial Last Name Birthdate

receive any and all health care services available from and deemed necessary by the staff of the SBHC. These services may include, but are not limited to, such procedures as well-teen care, evaluation and treatment of acute illness and injuries, immunizations, blood studies, photographs and X-rays. Consent is also given for referral of care and if needed, emergency transportation, to other physicians, health care professionals, hospitals, clinics, or health care agencies as deemed necessary by the Center and its staff. This authorization does not allow services to be rendered without the youth’s consent, unless she/he is unable to consent.

When consent is provided for care, all information is kept confidential except in the following circumstances:
    The client gives permission through a signed release of information.
    If he/she indicates risk of imminent harm to self or others.
    He/she has a life threatening health problem and is under 18 years old.
    There is reason to suspect abuse or neglect.
    Certain communicable diseases must be reported to public health authorities.

I understand the youth’s consent is legally required for release of information about the following kinds of diagnoses and treatment: pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases (including HIV/AIDS testing), and alcohol and drug or mental health counseling.

I have received a copy of the Swedish Medical Center's Notice of Health Information Practices, which provides information about how the student's health information may be used and disclosed.

The School-Based Health Center encourages each youth to involve his/her parents or guardians in health care decisions whenever possible.

Consent for services is authorized for the length of time the youth is enrolled in a school with a SBHC. I may choose to withdraw the consent at any time by writing to the Center that serves the youth.

Youth Signature: _______________________________________________Date: ____________

Parent/Guardian Signature: _______________________________________Date: ____________

Name/Relationship of Legally Responsible Guardian (Print):______________________________

Parent/Guardian Address:_________________________________________________________

Telephone: (_____)__________________ Work Telephone: (______)_______________________
    Revised 7/16/03 Please complete both sides

#51     Mar 26, 2010
  2. Once again we see the same people who don't give a damn if born children suffer complain about a fertilized egg...

Simply as hypocritical as one can possibly be...that is the right to lifers in a nutshell...

#52     Mar 26, 2010
  3. Perhaps you are grateful your mother didn't invoke her choice?

#53     Mar 26, 2010
  4. Please leave ET members' family out of your comments.

Thanks.

#54     Mar 26, 2010
  5. It's a legitimate question so, no dice.

#55     Mar 26, 2010
  6. Please do not mention the family of ET members.

Thanks.

#56     Mar 26, 2010
  7. Fine, then don't let me catch you advocating for abortion again.

#57     Mar 26, 2010
  8. I advocate a woman's right to chose to give birth or not.

Please leave my family out of this.

You have been asked nicely.

#58     Mar 26, 2010
  9. Sure as long as you follow my conditions for agreement.

btw: You have been informed nicely of my condition.

Violation of that condition from my perspective revokes my willful obligation.

capish?

#59     Mar 26, 2010
  10. Hello

Hello

Blatant hypocrisy coming from the guy who made jokes about sexually assaulting another members kids.

#60     Mar 27, 2010