School Keeps Parent In Dark As It Sends Her Daughter Off For An Abortion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 24, 2010.

1. I may not have made myself clear............the doctrines of men, whether it be from me, the church or Mr.Obama, is just that, man made and therefore defecient..........the best that the church can or should do is judge themselves against the Word of G-D.

Sometimes an issue is so perverted or terrible that all I can say or think is that G-D is merciful, and I know that His mercy will be sufficient for this young girl.

#31     Mar 25, 2010
  2. Thanks for the answer.

#32     Mar 25, 2010
  3. stu

stu

I think you made yourself perfectly clear Barth.
    You expressed how, when a cheesy sycophantic superstition with all its self-assuring sanctimonious emotionality is mixed with another person's suffering, everything can be so easily and conveniently assumed to be dealt with by some three-letter-word-with-one-letter-missing-mind-play, rather than conveying any genuine empathy from a fellow human being.

The religious cop out; unlike Dr. Zhivodka's direct dismissal, and much less honest.

#33     Mar 25, 2010
  4. That's not the issue here. The issue is how dare some faceless school bureaucrat take a 15 year old girl and encourage her to get an abortion without bothering to tell her mother or even involve the mother in proabably the biggest decision of the girl's life.

I think the people here who have young children understand the outrage perfectly well. I have yet to hear any of the liberals say, yes, I'd prefer the school to handle this kind of thing for my kid and keep me in the dark.

#34     Mar 25, 2010
  5. No, that is obama's plan for the elderly. Hurry up and die so we don't have to spend money on you. That is precisely his plan for "saving" money on health care.

Sarah Palin nailed it. Government bureaucrats deciding if your mom gets an MRI, a new hip or a pacemaker.

#35     Mar 25, 2010
  6. How dare someone give a female the right to chose what to do with their body...how dare they...

You are always preaching states rights, but when a state passes a law you don't like...you shit your panties.

#36     Mar 25, 2010
  7. Government deciding if grandma gets the care she needs, insurance companies deciding if grandma gets the care she needs, the amount of money grandma has being the deciding factor if she can afford the care she needs...

It is all the same to grandma...

#37     Mar 25, 2010
  8. jem

jem

Yes, exactly... If that issue really means something to me and and my family I can leave the state. Luckily I do not live there.

This is exactly why the feds should be leaving this and many other issues up to the states.

#38     Mar 25, 2010
  9. jem

jem

I am pretty sure that most of the liberals on ET - are young, have no families, and don't pay taxes.

A few others probably live in section 8 housing and just love government giveaways.

I note there are very few liberals who make money trading or otherwise... and the few which do have an income ... seem to have much more intelligent and reasonable opinions.

How the hell the libs on this thread did not see the family vs. state issue when I made it clear as day.

don't these libs understand the value of freedom and self determination?

#39     Mar 25, 2010
  10. Doc's dismissal ? You mean that he couldn't care less about the subject.

So, my friend, lets look at this situation.

A young girl is raped by her step father, and said rape resulted in pregnency. I would assume we would agree on this factual basis.

What would an atheist say to the young girl ?
    Sorry this happened to you; you need to get an abortion; Am I missing anything?

What would I, as a person of faith say to her ?
    Sorry this happened to you; Trust in the mercy, grace and love of G-D too clarify the way forward.

So, unless I am missing something, we would be basically at the same point, sorry this happened to you; the difference beyond that is my faith AND experience tells me that there is a G-D who knows even when a bird falls from the sky.

Now, I know that means nothing to you, so at minimum we are at the same basic point, sorry this happened to you.

And your britches were on fire because why ??

#40     Mar 25, 2010