School Keeps Parent In Dark As It Sends Her Daughter Off For An Abortion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 24, 2010.

1. If you want an article that totally captures what is wrong with our schools, our culture and our health care, this one summarizes it. If the school had exposed the girl to a Bible, the teacher and principal would have been fired. Instead, they send her off to get a secret abortion and they are heroes to obama's crowd. Is it any wonder we don't trust anything they say?

Mother furious after in-school clinic sets up teen's abortion
    By KOMO Staff

The mother of a Ballard High School student is fuming after the health center on campus helped facilitate her daughter's abortion during school hours.

Story Updated: Mar 23, 2010 at 8:15 PM PDT
    Comments (484)SEATTLE -- The mother of a Ballard High School student is fuming after the health center on campus helped facilitate her daughter's abortion during school hours.

The mother, whom KOMO News has chosen to identify only as "Jill," says the clinic kept the information "confidential."

When she signed a consent form, Jill figured it meant her 15 year old could go to the Ballard Teen Health Center located inside the high school for an earache, a sports physical, even birth control, but not for help terminating a pregnancy.

"She took a pregnancy test at school at the teen health center," she said. "Nowhere in this paperwork does it mention abortion or facilitating abortion."

Jill says her daughter, a pro-life advocate, was given a pass, put in a taxi and sent off to have an abortion during school hours all without her family knowing.

"We had no idea this was being facilitated on campus," said Jill. "They just told her that if she concealed it from her family, that it would be free of charge and no financial responsibility."

The Seattle School District says it doesn't run the health clinics at high schools. Swedish Medical Center runs the clinic at Ballard High and protects the students' privacy.

T.J. Cosgrove of the King County Health Department, which administers the school-based programs for the health department, says it's always best if parents are involved in their children's health care, but don't always have a say.

"At any age in the state of Washington, an individual can consent to a termination of pregnancy," he said.

But Jill says she not only didn't have a say in her daughter's abortion, but also didn't know about it.

"Makes me feel like my rights were completely stripped away."

2. Exactly what Obama and the Dems want.

Take away everything and make the sheeple rely on the government.

3. A tragedy all around, but instead of blaming everyone else, shouldn't the parents blame themselves a little and take some responsibility?
    What kind of family value allows a 15 yr old to have unprotected sex and not have the child be able to discuss it with the parents?
    Other parts of the story mentioned that the child was told if the parents were informed, the procedure would have to be paid by the parents. That is another advocation for universal health care. There would be one less reason for the child to hide the pregnancy from the parents.

This is also a states rights issue. Abortion laws for minors varied widely, only three states and DC allow all minors to consent to abortion services. You should change the laws in your area if you don't like them.

4. If a man punches a pregnant woman in the stomach and the baby dies...its considered murder. A teacher that helps a child get an abortion without the consent of the parents should be charged with conspiracy to commit murder since the the parent is the legal guardian and the child really has no rights until they are 18.

A 15 year old cant get a job in this country without a parents permission, but they can kill a baby without parents permission. Great moral values there.

5. the child is required to have a signed permission slip to go to a museum ... an abortion on the other hand..

these people make me physically illl. all we can hope to do is vote them he hell out. And figuratively stomp on their vile throats at every opportunity

6. I'm reasonably sure the mother did not approve of her daughter having unprotected sex. I'll go out on a limb here and say the daughter did it without discussing it with her mother.

I understand that it is a matter of state law, and this particular law is despicable if it actually allows this. In extremely rare cases, there may be an argument for going before a judge and having the parents not be involved, but as a general matter, I can't agree with that. It's typical of liberals to take the extreme exception and generalize from it.

What I really have a problem with here is the subtle or maybe not so subtle advocacy and pressure from the health clinic. A 15 year old who is just told she is pregneant is not someone who is going ot be making rational decisions. Maybe the clinic is trying to do the right thing, at least by their warped standards, or maybe they have a financial incentive to send as many people off for abortions as possible. I'd like to know who paid and who got the money. I have a big problem with putting financial pressure on the kid ( if you do it now, your mom won't have ot pay for it).

What happens if there are complications? What if there are health issues the mom knows about but the daughter either doesn't or forgets in all the drama? Who calls the mom and says, oh we killed your daughter accidentally but it was for a good cause? Because we can't let anything get in the way of unrestricted abortion.

7. Imo, all teen girls are against abortion.

From reading the article and the way this was done leads me to believe the girl may have been a victim of date rape or similiar. Maybe the parents didn't like the boy.

8. That certainly appears to be the issue here.

The State of Washington has Laws that aaa doesn't agree with. But apparently it's easier to hysterically blame our entire culture, our schools, our health care system and the Obama crowd than it is to acknowledge the real issue. Typical for him

9. Until it's your 15 year old.

10. Well since I don't have one...or live in that state I can't believe...

What WAS your point again?

#10     Mar 24, 2010