School cancels prom over lesbian flap

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Clubber Lang, Mar 11, 2010.

1. hughb

hughb

If the school board could demonstrate how the students, or any one student, would be injured by her attendance, then she should have conceded.

#11     Mar 12, 2010
  2. Does no one else see the amazing contradiction in this post?? I had to read it twice to make sure I was seeing what I thought I saw.

#12     Mar 12, 2010
  3. jem

jem

this one is an odd for me.

I am totally opposed to gay marriage. But proms are not an institution with the same sort of importance marriage has.

so without knowing more facts.... I think an 18 year lesbian should be able to go to her prom in a tux.

but the real answer would be to leave it up to the local community.

#13     Mar 12, 2010
  4. americans are sick and stupid, for the years that I have traveled in and out of this country one of the things I've never seen out of the news is constant talk of gay people

gay people who openly admit to being gay want attention and that is what you are giving them, just make gay shit including gay marriage legal in a few states and then send those who openly admit to being gay to live in those states

but you can't, because crappy democracy dictates that 300 million morons who can't agree on shit have to let such crappy arguments drag on forever or at least till the country falls flat on it's head

now that almost all the power is in the federal governments hand, you don't even have a decent leader who can say; the people of this country can't agree on this shit so I will make the rules for it

I'm not surprised that this country is going nowhere, that is one of the consequences of the transfer of power from the state government to the federal government

#14     Mar 12, 2010
  5. if you invite someone to your house, would you be against him suddenly taking off all his clothes in front of your wife and kids?

could you demonstrate how that would injure you or your family?

well it's their place and they don't want lesbians in there, period

#15     Mar 12, 2010
  6. I'll never understand why you guys need to constantly make up new screen names to post this type of thing. Are you that embarrassed about your views (I mean, I would be and anyone with one iota of common sense would be, but I'm trying not to assume anything)? Can you not own up to them?

#16     Mar 12, 2010
  7. maybe some people don't want to see gays at their parties, just like how you might not want to see a naked man at a party at your house

#17     Mar 12, 2010
  8. Ah, okay. Thanks. Now I understand why you are scared shitless to post under the same screen name from month to month. Thanks for the explanation.

On Ignore.

#18     Mar 12, 2010
  9. Mercor

Mercor

You're right, This is a contrived sequence only to develop a legal case..
    The only solution the school board had was to either allow this event or cancel the event.
    Just like the marriage issue. In the end the only solution will be for the state to allow gay marriage or to simply withdrawal the State from marriage, change law to be fair with single people and allow private institutions to issue "marriage certificates.

#19     Mar 12, 2010
  10. Look Einstein. it is obvious some of these posters have two or more handles going at one time. Any more d@4n fool questions?
    I have had enough of your "empty" trolling posts. As Scat would say, ON IGNORE!

#20     Mar 12, 2010