Schonfeld vs Hold Brothers vs Assent

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mercurio, Apr 6, 2005.

1. NKNY

NKNY

I'm thinking of looking into the hold brothers great neck office or the assent garden city office...

I'm looking to open a retail account and would like to compare the two from people who have traded there...

Thanks

Nick

#11     Jun 26, 2005
  2. NKNY

NKNY

Yes I would be interested as well...

Nick

#12     Jun 26, 2005
  3. Unfortunately you can't really tell which is better by kicking the tires....

Frequently you actually have to open an account, and then with a fully funded account get access and really drive the software and see whether it actually adds advantage or is a relic from the past (Redi+ is a relic).

The other factor is what types of markets will you have freedom to trade. Some of the firms mentioned publically state that they're NYSE or NASD or heavily lean towards either, but in reality, when you run your trades you find out which they want you to be in or not. Hmmm......

The other factor is what do they add to your table in terms of stategies and methods....

until the SEC and other regulators stepped down on the Bullets / Conversions issue, the notion of hammering a falling stock was the hallmark of one of those firms mentioned... (just as an example)

Hope you can post your findings, but from what I have found they are all equally nice going in, its just a matter of retention...

#13     Jun 26, 2005