Schonfeld Sec. bad moon rising ???

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by cz1, May 11, 2002.

1. If only we could get Miss Cleo and Waxie to make an ifomercial together, they could rule Wall St.

#51     May 12, 2002
  2. I am not saying anything about them, I do not know the principals or any of the traders; however from what I just learned here I am not too impressed ...

#52     May 12, 2002
  3. cmz1,

Just looked up your past posts; you asked a few months ago,

"11-04-01 08:51 AM
    Shonfeld

Does anybody have information about shonfeld?";

and I do not have a clue?

#53     May 12, 2002
  4. He obviously did his research and now knows everything about "Schonnie"

#54     May 12, 2002
  5. That is what I figured out too ...

#55     May 12, 2002
  6. Schoni, guys, that is what we called our firm

#56     May 12, 2002
  7. Of course, I know many scalpers that put up great numbers. But the market has changed. Super Soes and the penny spreads have put a dent into the game. Both styles were working well in 99/00/and some of 02. Momentum, Holds Brother, Spike, Bright, lost almost all their scalpers....they blew out. Broadway Trading is one of the biggest to Blow out. The Nasdaq is not what it was, Amat, intc, klac, nvls, msft, are ok, but how can you scalp a stock that is under 20$ for 1/8ths when it moves 10/30 cents a day? It is tuff, but there is still some money to be made.

Schoni was more momentum, which that play is dead, due to crowding and penny spreads. As a schoni trader, I watch the firm go from the top and now fall. That is only normal. Some other firm will take the torch from schoni and become bigger and better, and the cycle will repeat itself.

There are many traders that put up great numbers, scalpers, position, pair, arbs, spreaders. So, we are all one in the same.

#57     May 12, 2002
  8. I am not going to talk about Schonfeld becuase anyone who has traded there is under legal liability *not to talk publically in any manner regarding the firm -- those posting may want to be reminded of that.
    I will however blanketly denounce all the negative articles posted about the company. There is no black moon. I did my research before I decided to work for the firm; they are well funded, have some of the best traders in country working there and are professional (which most "Prop" firms don't have).

#58     May 12, 2002
  9. #59     May 12, 2002
  10. Ok Ryan, I was trained by some of schonis best. This post has not been lying, spreading false rumors. The truth hurts my man. And the fact is that Schoni is going to go down to 300 traders. They will keep the partners and scale down to what they deam to be lean until the market turns. lol, I dont know what office you trade for or who u know in Jericho, but you really dont know much at this point. Schoni was a great firm, its just scaling down, and rethinking its trading theories.

#60     May 12, 2002