Schonfeld Sec. bad moon rising ???

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by cz1, May 11, 2002.

1. I hear ya stockrock....been trading myself for 2 plus now and looking to split from my current firm seeing as how they will most likely be out of business within the next 6 months. Happy hunting bro.....TB

#181     Jun 11, 2002
  2. Interesting enough, it seems other firms look at me better once they hear I was at Schonfeld for 2 years.

AT this time I would like to thank my mother and father for all their help. I would like to thank the Acadamy for the award and hope this brings peace and goodwill to all men (and women).

Another good point........since I started writing in this thread there hasn't been any knock down drag out cutting up of anyone. And I bet Mr. Bright likes all the attention going elsewhere (just figured we would talk about you a little) :D

Wish me luck....I got some interviews tommorrow. I just wonder. Are they interviewing me or am I interviewing them ?????

CYA all

#182     Jun 11, 2002
  3. Both. Let them interview you, but make sure they are quality people like Steve is. Wherever you end up associating, life is too short to deal with scum.... Don't settle for just the best monetary deal. Look at the entire firm. Good hunting...

#183     Jun 12, 2002

4. Now I understand why I have trouble dealing with myself. Thanks for the insight. :D

#184     Jun 12, 2002
  5. rs7

rs7

What makes you think this is the case? I find it difficult to believe that the managers can make this call when they have so little say in just about any other decisions!?!

#185     Jun 13, 2002
  6. 2nd that

#186     Jun 13, 2002
  7. I for one can say that the layoffs in NY were not necessarily based on recent performance. And it was defintely the manager that made the decision. I think they were given a number to get rid of and then they chose who (or is it whom ? ) to dump. Yes, many of those have never traded very well, but there are a number of them that have traded well in the past. And there are those that traded poorly in the past and were holding there own for the last half year (obviously I refer to myself here).

I can mainly speak of myself. I started with them and was not very good for almost a year. Then I found myself and for the last six months was net positive. I don't think the decision was based on my performance. Not sure what the decision about me was based on, but in the end, it is not my company and I don't make the decisions. So, I am thankful that I learned how to trade at a great firm (and all on their dollar) and I look forward to making money elsewhere. I think the experience at Schoni gives me quite an advantage over a newbie coming out of any IVY leauge school.

I just hope all make a fortune (how many have OMC short for 2 days ?).

#187     Jun 13, 2002
  8. Can someone give us an update on Schoni ?

#188     Sep 1, 2002
  9. on there website they still claim to have over 700 prop traders, is that true ?

#189     Feb 24, 2003
  10. Soon it won't be.

#190     Feb 24, 2003