Schonfeld Is Closing

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rossmedia, May 21, 2003.

1. does your firm have any idea of how unprofessional your comments are on this board? if i was management at your firm you would no longer post on this board. if they are aware of your comments and see no problem with it then that is disturbing. you can call everyone on here a "mook" but each time it only discredits you and your company.

#31     Jun 18, 2003
  2. RichSohn

RichSohn

And which company do you think I work at?

Worldco? WRONG!!!

#32     Jun 18, 2003
  3. bmwstox

bmwstox

your a good liar, that's about it. u should write for the tabloids.

#33     Jun 18, 2003
  4. i don't know which firm, that's why i intentionally left out any company name. i guess i am just hoping that you will tone it down a bit. the personal attacks just make you look really bad. i am the first to admit that things can get a little heated and it is easy to get on here and vent. i have done so myself.....so i guess i am just asking you to let up on the gas a bit. yes.....no????

#34     Jun 18, 2003
  5. RichSohn

RichSohn

I totally agree with you. However, these guys are unrelentless. Even on non-related posts, they come out of their little holes to start ragging on me. Just sick of these non-profitable traders with huge chips on their shoulders. Oh well, I'm going to do the right thing and not entertain these guys with anymore replies.

#35     Jun 18, 2003
  6. jeffgus

jeffgus

Get over it and on to the best game ever. The market gives a shit about this. Tradem' as you see em.

#36     Jun 18, 2003
  7. How many threads are you going to "pollute" with this garbage.

What are you 17 years old? Come on man, show some professionalism.

#37     Jun 18, 2003
  8. dowfish

dowfish

Can someone please explain what is ment by "prop"
    Thank you.

#38     Jun 18, 2003
  9. Ebo

Ebo

one that propels; especially : a device that consists of a central hub with radiating blades placed and twisted so that each forms part of a helical surface and that is used to propel a vehicle (as a ship or airplane)

#39     Jun 18, 2003
  10. Yes, good definition but "Prop" in a trading context is short for proprietary firm. A prop firm is a daytrading company that supplies you with the firm's money for you to trade with. Some ask for a deposit of $10000 or $25000 to cushion them from risk of you losing money. For that margin that you put up, you are then allowed access to the firm's money to trade with. It could be up to $1 million or more depending on which firm.

Prop also implies that you are a professional trader. It is sometimes hard to believe that some of these members on ET are professional from their posts but all prop traders are licensed stockbrokers (NASD Series 7).

Ebo, give the new kid on the block a break.

DNAJ65000

#40     Jun 18, 2003