Schonfeld Is Closing

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rossmedia, May 21, 2003.

1. bmwstox

bmwstox

"publically humiliated" "down size" the stories keep getting better & better. Worldco speaks for itself. I've moved on, I think you should to..but ur probably still at worldco, lol.

#21     May 28, 2003
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Gentlemen,

The thread's title is Schonfeld Is Closing. Please keep all discussions on-topic, and directly related to Schonfeld closing some offices. As always, no more personal attacks. Thanks.

#22     May 28, 2003
  3. would any one know the actual reason schonfeld is closing. was it their business model...tough market environment.. or a rogue trader that blew up... no bullshit please!!!!!

#23     May 29, 2003
  4. actual facts will always be hard to come by in this industry

especially when we hide behind monikers, handles and alias names

#24     May 29, 2003
  5. moffitt

moffitt

What Fl office are they closing??:confused:

#25     May 29, 2003
  6. I don't work there but have friends that do. From what he told me part of it was for the fact that the schonfeld method of trading they taught everyone was not working and they have been real slow to change. Part of it is the rough trading environment like most firms are feeling. The basic fact out of LA was there were not many traders making a dime there for many months now even when get gross payouts and they let their traders really swing around for not being consistent winners. If someone did manage to make money consistently they usually headed for the door to another shop so they were left with a lot of crumbs (not saying all their traders are crumbs because a lot have made a lot of money in the past and some in the present). The ones I knew were only sticking around to get paid out on the rest of their money from the previous years where earnings were with held for golden handcuffs.

How many months can a firm continue to do this and stay open while paying some ridiculous rent on a huge office. They never really bought into the downsizing of the offices to smaller operations.

#26     May 29, 2003
  7. RichSohn

RichSohn

According to my friend at worldco, you are the butt of all jokes in the marketing dept as well as several trading desks there. I guess Hitman pretty much divulged everything about you, your numbers, and all your pathetic lies.

For your info, I hear the folks at worldco have asked one of their employees to print out all of your posts on this website. I am assuming they will be filing some very "pleasant" remarks on your U-4 as well as possibly taking legal action.

#27     Jun 16, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

:eek:

nitro

#28     Jun 16, 2003
  9. bmwstox

bmwstox

lol, don't believe everything you read. I think you should worry about SARS and your own trading than what others are or aren't doing. your garbage is becoming funny.

#29     Jun 18, 2003
  10. RichSohn

RichSohn

BMWSTOX, you ARE SARS. According to guys you used to work with, you even LOOKED like you had SARS.

You're a disease. You never made a dime. You were negative in GROSS. That means even if you traded commission free, you STILL lost money. What's worse? You crawled back on your hands and knees and begged Worldco to take you back...only to lose more money. I think you get the award for "EliteTrader Mook of the Year".

Come back when you learn how to trade, or better yet, have any sort of argument. You have absolutely nothing backing you up. 100% pure PIKER! hahahaha!!!

#30     Jun 18, 2003