Schonfeld, ETG which is better?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sambatrade, Mar 16, 2003.

1. by the way, how did you get so arrogant?

#11     Mar 16, 2003
  2. Samba, whats up with carlin ??

#12     Mar 16, 2003
  3. can you buy/sell with hotkeys on the schonfeld system or do you need to use a mouse? is there more than one type of execution system there?

#13     Mar 16, 2003
  4. GREGGDD

GREGGDD

i have not traded there in the last 2 months and am not in the "business" loop. So the info may not be the best. There are 2 system. Schonex--which is Soes/NYSE system. Written & be bugged by Broadway traders. And I think will be used by Heartland traders, which Schonfeld is buying. The other system is used by Schonefeld's other "prop" "nyse" traders. I have vaguely seen it. I had no interest.

Schonex uses both keyboard & some mouse. One could use more mouse functions if you wanted. I'm a keyboard trader.

#14     Mar 16, 2003
  5. did the big guns at broadway retire from trading

in last few yrs or are they trading out of shoney ?

#15     Mar 16, 2003
  6. GREGGDD

GREGGDD

Marc & George not there any more. (I'm sure Schonfeld did not want them around.) Most of the Big traders still there: mark splg, marc mccord, randy & rob, serg & pete, stevie g and andy f in boca. I do not know about atlanta-- brad & his partner.

Marc F playing golf. Do not know what George is up to. I suspect he is trading. He was too good not to trade and it was in his blood.

I've learned the top/good traders always make money. Maybe not at much as in the past, but still make a great living.

Their key--adaptable & be flexible to what's working & not working. (I write that so I am more adaptable & learning & flexible.)

#16     Mar 17, 2003
  7. How has Serg been doing? I knew a few people who knew him in CO and used to trade with him at Broadway. I take it that he made the switch over to another profitable trading style. Sadly the people I knew in CO "got all blowed up".

#17     Mar 17, 2003
  8. how big were they? are there any big traders at generic?

#18     Mar 18, 2003
  9. schonfeld provides a very nice environment to learn but they charge $0.01 per share commissions. I am getting to think it seems unreasonable. Anyone know anybody in Schonfeld that gets charged less than $0.01 per share commissions ?

#19     Mar 19, 2003
  10. GREGGDD

GREGGDD

there are lots of deals out there. Learning under someone is priceless. It gives you a skill you never had before. It's like teaching someone to fish to support themselves instead of giving them fish/food everyday. I know many people that learn under people & paid fees. Now they are on there own. You have to evaluate for yourself what the benefit & costs are to you. Are you ready to start out on your own? Are you strong enough? Are your personal finances in order? Do you need to collect a paycheck every month?

I belive trading is all up to you. I've seen people make it & fail. There is a sliver of difference between the people who make it & the people who do not. I believe that difference is a (unquantifiable) mental thing.

#20     Mar 20, 2003