Schlossberg Lien

Discussion in 'Forex' started by drasfs, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Don't you get it? The people that really make money don't sell their methods. Does Goldman Sachs run a trading school on the side, does Jim Simon of Renassiance write a book of trading tips, does Steve Cohen give seminars? Ever seen British Petroleum's head nat gas trader go on CNBC? Has been, failed traders sell junk for $49.99 a month to people who don't know any better and more importantly, WANT SOMETHING FOR (BASICALLY) NOTHING. Ask yourself who is selling before you spend another $.10.

#11     Feb 13, 2007
  2. drasfs

drasfs

Well i guess it is my fault for not having researched more abaout igor. I did however enter his website and saw that he manages money, but maybe not billions though(if that is the minimum requirement for you). Though he claims earn an annual return of 40-60% whereas simon only boasts approximately 32%(though, he havde got those annual returns for serveral years though)

#12     Feb 13, 2007
  3. 40% to 60% on what, a million dollars, a half a million dollars? Simons returns 32% on BILLIONS. That is phenomenal. See the difference?

#13     Feb 13, 2007
  4. and "only 32%"? 99.999% of professional money managers would sell their daughters to an Arab sheik for that kind of performance.

#14     Feb 13, 2007
  5. vonk

vonk

"The capper was when she told me she left her job as a trader at an oil company because she was making so much money and thus making her boss look bad."

Cynthia Kase?

#15     Feb 13, 2007
  6. Hahaha, I'd rather not say, but very perceptive.

#16     Feb 13, 2007
  7. drasfs

drasfs

Taking into account that the minimum deposit is a half million dollar, i wouldnt believe that Igor only manages 0.5-1 million dollar.

However, i dont believe that he is managing billions as simons, which i suppose is impressive, but Im not aware of how harder it gets to get annual return of 32% when you manage billions, since ive only been trading small sizez. Anyone who could let me know the reason?

Wouldnt it be easier, because if you buy 2 billions of a currency pair, that would drive the price up automatically because of the size, and then you just have to liquidate the position. Im sure there are more to this than meets the eye =)

#17     Feb 14, 2007