Schizophrenic neighbor

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FCXoptions, Feb 25, 2013.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Don't go there, brother Maxie.
    Er, uh, you were just joking around, right?

#21     Feb 25, 2013
  2. I will read that full link after class, thanks for the response. And that is a good idea, if it keeps up we will record him out there when he is screaming and everything. My wife said after the woman came over and they got into it, the schizo hadnt been out again. So she might have made him stay in I'm not sure. But I am going to be a little more proactive about the whole situation now.

#22     Feb 25, 2013
  3. Haha for $5000, I will handle it myself late one night lol.

#23     Feb 25, 2013
  4. iamdom

iamdom

The reason it got worse is because he probably stopped taking his medication. There are medications which will make him seem almost normal. But often they stop taking them for various reasons. If your lucky he will go back on them. Also i would see if you can get the cops or somebody else to pressure his mother to make sure he takes them.

#24     Feb 25, 2013
  5. BSAM

BSAM

He may just be an ETer upset over the recent changes.

#25     Feb 25, 2013
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Having dealt with a situation like this in the past... my most important advice is:

1) Be sure to record video and sound of several of the incidents involving the neighbor screaming.

2) Record any time they appear on your property confronting you.

3) Do not go on their property (puppy included) or initiate communications with the neighbors in any manner.

4) Keep clear notes of all the days/times of all incidents (even if not recorded).

5) Go down to the police department and initiative a conversation to make the local police aware of the issue before they have to show up due to a 911 call.

6) Install video cameras outside your home today (front and back) including a sound feed and multi-hour recording capability.

7) Crazy people are dangerous. One day this fellow will crack and harm a child or someone. Be wary.

8) Be prepared that at some point the entire situation will land up in court either as a criminal or civil situation. Strangely enough normally it will be the nutcase neighbors accusing you of alleged crimes and you will be the defendant.

#26     Feb 25, 2013
  7. JamesL

JamesL

record/videotape everything.

By chance, is there a HOA where you live?

#27     Feb 25, 2013
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Very good, brother GT.
    When I start my own police department, you will have a job.

#28     Feb 25, 2013
  9. As far as medicine goes, we were told they have tried several medications but none have worked well and he has to change every few months. I don't know though, but a year ago before we moved in, I was on the property and he wasn't nearly as bad as he is now. He would just stand outside in a swimsuit counting the cars driving by on the main road. I never knew he would be quite like this obviously lol.

And no HOA either, so can't get them involved. I told my wife today if either come over to record everything. She told me she wanted to record today but she was holding my son and couldn't pull her phone out. But we might need to invest in a couple cameras for the house. I don't plan on socializing with them. The lady snapping on my wife today kinda ruined that, so we will just keep to ourselves and try to record everything and just keep calling the police dept to report it

#29     Feb 25, 2013
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Do that and keep a cool head, brother FCX.
    Far better to let the authorities deal with this dude, for several reasons.

#30     Feb 25, 2013