Schizophrenic neighbor

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FCXoptions, Feb 25, 2013.

1. BSAM

BSAM

LOL
    Uh...yeah...get them a "fruit" basket.

#11     Feb 25, 2013
  2. Don't waste time reasoning with unreasonable people. Don't waste time on some cooperative venture involving the neighbors. If they haven't dealt with it up to this point they are not going to. Go on the offensive and don't quit until those assholes are not a problem for you. My dad, he knew people, if he felt it was warranted, a couple of guys would come unannounced, beat somebody to a pulp and go their merry way. That way is inexpensive compared to long drawn out lawsuits but most people don't do that. I would start calling the police and suing the neighbors and never stop. Life is too short to have somebody ruin it for you on a daily basis. You can have fantastic surveillance nowadays. I have a Nexus7 tablet and an app that turns it into a motion detecting high resolution surveillance camera, it's just fantastic for that. If the guy is standing behind your car in the middle of the night, run into him... I mean it's a war on your sanity and happiness, get a game on... Start collecting evidence and don't ever stop because when those lunatics get to court they are going to be some of the best liars you've ever encountered. Go after them on the criminal level and the civil level.

I had a neighbor like that, I made it my hobby to defeat him at EVERY turn.. I learned a lot in the process...

#12     Feb 25, 2013
  3. ktm

ktm

Bake ol Lenny some cookies with some special treats inside...like ricin crumbs.

If you use rat poison remember it takes a few weeks to go to work in humans.

#13     Feb 25, 2013
  4. I should have worded the car part better, he was on his property just right by the road. If he was in our driveway I would have either hit him or grabbed a gun. If he EVER steps foot on the property unannounced, he will be promptly greeted with a gun. I will say, he doesn't go off their property that I have seen really. He just paces right along the property line while yelling. He used to all the time I was told but after the cops picked him up I guess his Mom convinced him to stop.

Also thinking back to the dog, they have a couple cats that are ALWAYS on our property. Every single day I see their cat walking in our yard, I personally don't care in the slightest, but if they make an issue about the dog then two can play that game.

#14     Feb 25, 2013
  5. Maybe if his mom were to trespass on our property and "threaten" me while I am holding a weapon it would be much easier to handle the situation haha

#15     Feb 25, 2013
  6. I've been reading up on psychopaths recently.. very, very disturbing information to say the least. They are 100% incapable of being conscientious, they don't feel embarassment or guilt, they don't learn from their mistakes, they lie in court and often win, they can be charming and friendly and murder somebody at will... A lot of other sickies are often essentially psychopathic: bipolar, schizos..

If people are unreasonable then you can treat them like you are training a dog: reward one kind of behavior and punish another. I've been in a situation where I interface with about 200 different people in the course of a typical week for a couple of years. Recently it hit me that the few psychopaths among them are rude and unconscientious all day every day, same goes for the odd schizo and narcissist, so I'm having some fun at their expense by dropping all rules of politeness and cooperation just for them. One mouth-breathing psycho was demanding I tell her the time recently so I just told her what a dumbassed mouth-breather I thought she was.. once you understand them you realize that treating them like people that developed properly is an utter waste of precious time..

#16     Feb 25, 2013
  7. Yea, well I don't really want to be involved in law suits or anything. But I think after I get home from work before going to class I will stop by some of the other neighbors with my wife and see if they all agree. Maybe having several of us call the police will help with things if there are enough people reporting it.

#17     Feb 25, 2013
  8. I'm married to an attorney (she used to practice real estate law) and I can give you some advice based on issues we've encountered in our area; note all states/counties are different in the way a nuisance is handled.

First, make notes of what is happening - writing it here is actually a good way to go. Basically keep a journal of the following:

- Any behavior that stops you from enjoying your property - Noise, smell, trash, etc.

Write it down. This will give you a massive advantage should you have to go to court.

Second, read this:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/small-claims-book/chapter2-9.html

Based on what you've said thus far you should be able to get a judge to fine your neighbor x-amount of dollars every time the nuisance occurs.

Mike

#18     Feb 25, 2013
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Record it.
    Prevents "he said/he said".

#19     Feb 25, 2013
  10. Max E.

Max E.

Send me 5000 cash along with the guys address i will make your problem dissappear. :cool:

#20     Feb 25, 2013