Schindler Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 99atlantic, Mar 24, 2008.

1. There's nothing wrong with removing this from his site but the performance of his old fund MUST be in the disclosure documents. And now that you mention his site.....I wonder if he knows he needs to be registered with the SEC to put up a site.

#41     Oct 16, 2008
  2. #42     Oct 16, 2008
  3. SEC for futures ?

#43     Oct 16, 2008
  4. I knew he was a putz from the start. No surprise.

#44     Oct 16, 2008
  5. Yes, if you are advertising to the public. Having a website up qualifies as advertising to the public. If you don't do this then you don't have to register with the SEC, just the CFTC. The SEC gets involved when you cross the line from private to public.

#45     Oct 16, 2008
  6. If he did that then he is also in violation of Blue Sky Laws.

#46     Oct 16, 2008
  7. GTS

GTS

Not sure what your point is - he is TARGETING 5-10% outperformance not GUARANTEEING it. For a while he was able to achieve it, recently he has not.

Wow, if only he had you around to point this out to him at the time. Thanks Mister 20-20 hindsight.

Edit: I see all the ET wannabe lawyers and assorted losers have gravitated to this thread to put in their worthless opinions. Classic ET. Anyone who thinks he violated any laws or rules should contact the appropriate authorities instead of blowing smoke here.

#47     Oct 16, 2008
  8. Aaron seems like a very nice guy and I wish him the best.

That being said, this fund really makes no sense.

This is from his website--

"With the addition of the short term futures trading strategies the program targets a return of the EAFE Index plus 5-10%. Because the futures trading is uncorrelated with the core EAFE position, the program is similar in volatility to the EAFE index alone. "

-------------------------

An investor could simply buy EFA. It's the ETF that tracks the EAFE index.

The ETF expense is only .34% compared to Schindler's 1.0% and the investor could move to cash any time he wants.

The only upside to Schindler is the 5%-10% "extra" from his "proprietary futures trading".

The risks far outweigh the rewards.

#48     Oct 16, 2008
  9. GTS

GTS

Yea I agree. The 5-10% juice comes from uncorrelated futures trading (the same trading that he uses/used in his now closed original fund) - the combination of the two don't make a lot of sense to me. Seems like two kinds of investments that you would want to keep separate.

#49     Oct 16, 2008
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

agree

#50     Oct 16, 2008