Schiff's latest prediction: depression, riots and end of economy

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by daveportman, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Again...no one is always 100% right...
    My Europac account has taken a hit over the last few months, but it was expected. I am still WAY up relative to the average SP bagholder since 2003
    He's been wrong for the last 6 months and wasn't able to foresee this dollar rally.
    Peter and his strategy will be vindicated in the long run.
    This much I am sure of...

#21     Oct 11, 2008
  2. EPrado

EPrado

The best part is at the end. "Buy my book.........."

Please...this guy is an idiot of the highest degree.

#22     Oct 11, 2008
  3. Excuse me, isn't his book called "Crash proof", released in 2007?

Didn't he run his mouth for years on how doing exactly what he preaches will protect you when the market finally unravels? I guess it didn't. Instead of admitting that he got caught on the wrong foot he's explaining his loss not with his poor positioning for the events of 2008 but with how the markets have it completely wrong. That's amateurish and dangerous at the same time.

On a side note, a professional money manager that has 9 years of positive performance and then one 40% down year is called a blow up and ridiculed in the media (and on ET). Why should Schiff - especially considering he's such a loudmouth - be judged by any different standards?

#23     Oct 11, 2008
  4. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

Lots of people in the finance industry knew the real estate bubble would end badly. Did they publicize it? No. They were making too much money. This is just a juiced up version of the S&L collapse. No special credit to Schiff on that.

I don't think he even understands Macro Econ 101 or how to read a balance sheet. He's stuck in the flawed gold nut mentality.

So even if he's right in some of his predictions, if he can't make money on it, who cares?

The current problem is avoiding deflation not inflation.

#24     Oct 11, 2008
  5. Being a Europac client since 2003 has proved to be an enormous financial windfall for my portfolio, in spite of the current pullback. When the talking heads were raving about a 100% gain in the Dow in declining USD from 2003-2007, we were making 3 almost 4 times that...

I have been USD bullish for the past few months...

Again, Peter's strategy and Europac clients will more than likely be vindicated.

#25     Oct 11, 2008
  6. You know whenever somebody starts explaining away his performance (or the lack thereof) by how the market got it wrong then you know something is afoul.

Schiff has been lambasting Wall St. for years and all of a sudden he's being caught using their exact same series of BS excuses while trying to avoid responsibility.

#26     Oct 11, 2008
  7. While that may be true Mak, you can't argue with the long term performance...
    It's far outperformed, and continues to outperform, most anything I've seen.
    It's a been a bad few months...but so what?
    Net Net, Peter is killing it...

#27     Oct 11, 2008
  8. piezoe

piezoe

This Schiff character, whatever he is, is definitely and egoistic #######. However he is dead on about one thing:
    INFLATION! Now where are some bonds i can short?

#28     Oct 11, 2008
  9. FCCT

FCCT

What ever happened to trading your timeframe?

Schiff has always been a long term investor. His main prediction has been a crash of the USD, so his underperforming plays could turnaround very quick. Who wouldve thought the USD would be up 15% on several large US financial bankruptcies?

Most analysts dont even own the stocks they preach you to buy. At least Schiff bets his cash in what he believes in.

#29     Oct 11, 2008
  10. Covert

Covert

If you were smart ( and the jury's still out on that one) you'd liquidate this (possibly ficticious) account you claim to have with Europac. It absolutely WILL NOT get any better than this for them.

#30     Oct 12, 2008