Scheduling position

Discussion in 'Energy Futures' started by mpalma149, May 18, 2010.

1. mpalma149

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could guide me as to what I need to do to start a career in gas/power scheduling or perhaps real time trading. I've been working in energy trade support role for almost 3 years now and am really looking to get into scheduling. Mostly spent time working on natty. I work in NY and realize most of these positions are in Houston. Does middle office work experience make me a good candidate? My current job is in financial trading and want to get back into the physical side. If anyone could provide me with some info it would be greatly appreciated.

2. monty09

have you worked to make the move in your firm? I know gs/mscg are both short schl right now on the power side
  3. mpalma149

Hey Monty,

The company that i currently work for does not trade physical energy, therefore am not able to look for that position internally. All physical deals are done on NGX, which is very limited. Also, the company I was working for prior had all of its physical business in Houston while I was in NYC. Oh I was looking on the gs/mscg websites and was unable to find these job postings. Do you have any more info?

4. monty09

pm me