Schaefer's Journal of Nikkei 225 Mini.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Schaefer, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Schaefer, I Enjoy reading your thread.

I started trading n225m through IB last summer, mainly to get familiar with overseas markets and to be able to place orders in emergency type situations.

When I first set up the data feed and logged on I typed in n225 and immediately made a one tick trade just to try it.

Luckily it was a winner because the n225 (sans the letter M) is the full contract and it is 100x the mini.

You are correct in trading the N225M to master your method because being in control of the process is an important aspect of success. The liquidity and orderliness makes it a good vehicle. By orderliness I mean that it gets from point A to B with fewer false breakouts then the US markets.

In one of the methods in my scalping I take advantage of the minute false breakouts so I trade the YM and NQ.

Best,

GC

#51     Mar 16, 2008

2. Hi again,

I see that E*Trade offers trading in Japanese stocks and
    also X_TRADER from TT. Maybe they will also offer Nikkei
    Futures when TT connects to OSE. Check it out.
    https://us.etrade.com/e/t/investingandtrading/globaltrading

#52     Mar 16, 2008
  3. Schaefer

Schaefer

Hi, Lakeshow, we could always create a private chat room on ET. Regardless, I'm all for it, but I'm not sure if N225M traders would be of any help at all, as we are strictly day to day traders, and we have no market bias.

Schaefer

#53     Mar 16, 2008
  4. Schaefer

Schaefer

Hi GC, thanks for stopping by. Please pop in once in a while, and feel free to critique my mischiefs :D

Schaefer

#54     Mar 16, 2008
  5. paden

paden

At the risk of opening up my ignorance to the et world once again...

Does anyone trade the /nk, emini Nikkei. I started to anzlyze this contract just before this thread started, and it seems to be a nice trending trader. Would like thoughts from others.

It just seems really strange to trade the Nikkei in the middle of the US day. However, if you simply follow the price action, does it matter?

#55     Mar 16, 2008
  6. I will do the opposite, try n225 with M :)

#56     Mar 16, 2008
  7. Hi Learner2007,

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out immediately after this post. Many thanks.

Hi all,

Regarding a chatroom forum during market hours. There is a very small chatroom of global traders that I converse with daily. The members trade global markets and are located globally. I don't talk a whole heck of a lot during trade hours, but sure do after hours :)

If anyone here is interested, PM me some details about yourself and I'll get in touch with the room moderators.

Very nice open today!

With kind regards,
    MK

#57     Mar 16, 2008
  8. Hi Paden,

You mean the CME contract? This is an afterhours market. I only trade the RTH.

My best regards,
    MK

#58     Mar 16, 2008
  9. mishnas

mishnas

Hey learner.

I'm also looking into trading the Nikkei minis. I saw in a previous post that you use a Japanese broker with very low comissions. Care to share the contact info for this broker?

#59     Jun 22, 2008
  10. Hi,

Sorry to say that if you don't live in Japan you can't open an account with a Japanese broker.
    You could use IB. Their RT cost is 300 yen. That's 3 times what I pay here, but I wouldn't know what other choices you might have.

#60     Jun 22, 2008