Schaefer's Journal of Nikkei 225 Mini.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Schaefer, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Schaefer,

What broker do you use to trade Nikkei225? thanks.

#21     Mar 12, 2008
  2. lwlee

lwlee

9:30pm EST, big spike in volume. It didn't do anything for direction. Strange, you would think such volume would push it one or the another.

#22     Mar 12, 2008
  3. Jander

Jander

Hi Schaefer...

Glad to see you started a journal. Have you tried the nikkei on the singapore exchange? Im assuming more volume on the osaka, thinking about getting a subscription

#23     Mar 12, 2008
  4. Schaefer

Schaefer

Hi 4D, I'm using IB. I don't think there are other brokers for small retailers.

Schaefer

#24     Mar 12, 2008
  5. Schaefer

Schaefer

Hi, Jander,

If I do well on Osaka Mini, my next goal is to step up to the mid size Nikkei on SGX.

Schaefer

#25     Mar 12, 2008
  6. Schaefer

Schaefer

Okay here's the morning session update. Total of 5 trades, 2 loss, 3 wins, pretty much flat after commissions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loss 4 ticks.

[​IMG]

Won 4 ticks.

[​IMG]

Loss 4 ticks.

[​IMG]

Won 4 ticks

[​IMG]

Won 4 ticks

#26     Mar 12, 2008
  7. Schaefer

Schaefer

Yes, that's what I was talking about, it was around 09:30:06, only one tick movement :p

Schaefer

#27     Mar 12, 2008
  8. Schaefer

Schaefer

[​IMG]

Data outage for about 10 minutes, or so. I was flat at the moment, so wasn't too worried. It would have been great, if I was short, however :D

Schaefer

#28     Mar 12, 2008
  9. Hi schaefer
    here's my chart for the am session. Don't want to crash your party uninvited, so if my charts are a distraction just let me know. :eek:

As you can see I sometimes make a complete hash of my first trades of the day: rushing in when patience and cooler analysis is called for, but today at least I caught the main body of the morning trend.

Ticks: -4, -5, +20.

#29     Mar 12, 2008
  10. Schaefer

Schaefer

[​IMG]

Okay, post analysis for morning session. The result, I suck.

I'm still in awe, and shock at the trendiness of the Nikkei Mini. I'm not used to seeing this on this instrument. You could see from my first few trades, I was going against the trend, and betting reversals.

According to the market structure, It made a lower high at 08:35pm and never looked back. If it was NQ, I would have been all over it.

Hopefully, I'll get the hang of it before my play money runs out :p

Schaefer

#30     Mar 12, 2008