Schaefer's Journal of Nikkei 225 Mini.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Schaefer, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Schaefer

Schaefer

Gapped down about 300 points from yesterday's afterhours close. Gaps are part of the Mini, it usually follows US markets' momentum. It really messes up my charts though.

[​IMG]

#11     Mar 10, 2008
  2. Schaefer

Schaefer

Chop, chop.

[​IMG]

#12     Mar 10, 2008
  3. Schaefer

Schaefer

Update, finally broke out of the triangle. My limit buys were never filled. I wasn't going to chase the market either.

[​IMG]

#13     Mar 10, 2008
  4. Schaefer

Schaefer

Long 1 @ 435

Out @ 455, profit target 1.

[​IMG]

#14     Mar 10, 2008
  5. Schaefer

Schaefer

Update.

[​IMG]

#15     Mar 10, 2008
  6. Schaefer

Schaefer

Just wanted to share the market structure with Range bar chart. You could clearly see the siwngs, S/R, breakouts clearly.

[​IMG]

#16     Mar 10, 2008
  7. Hi Schaefer

Here is my morning session chart. I use channels and volume to make most decisions. The two trades I took are marked (+75, -10), I then monitored to the session close.

Good luck with the journal!

#17     Mar 10, 2008
  8. Schaefer

Schaefer

PointOne, thanks for sharing, and good trading to you.

Schaefer

#18     Mar 10, 2008
  9. Schaefer

Schaefer

Okay, I'm goint to have to call it the day here, as I've probably only slept about 3 hours since yesterday. I missed the fill on a good entry at 08:33pm, did one quick scalp, and done for the night. As you can see from the Range chart below, there were 3 excellent entry points with the trend.

I'm still proding this instrument at the moment. And I would increase my trades, and hold 'em longer as I start to feel comfortable with the Mini. Here's a quick market recap of the morning session.

[​IMG]

#19     Mar 10, 2008
  10. Schaefer

Schaefer

Update: Did not trade on 03-11-08.

Trading tonight, the last day for the contract. It will be June contract starting tomorrow. Gapped down about 275 points upon open, following US market's downward mometum.

So far two trades, one loss, one win, will post the snap shots during break.

Schaefer

#20     Mar 12, 2008