Schadenfreude Warning: "Karen the Supertrader"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Niten Doraku, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Macca1

Macca1

More like she was acutally "guilt-tripping" 50% of her fees to a Charity.

#31     Jun 1, 2016
    ScalperJoe likes this.
  2. i960

i960

Oh man, such cosmic justice here - especially to all the people who called BS on this "trader" ages ago.

#32     Jun 1, 2016
    Chubbly and Niten Doraku like this.
  3. She must have learned this accounting from some of the TBTF institutions that were utilizing a similar con back during the crisis...Of course, Uncle Sugar had their backs and made some of those pesky "unrealized losses" whole again...

Still, she is a disgrace as were her promoters.

#33     Jun 1, 2016
  4. I wonder if the Tasty Trade people have said anything about this.
    I bet they feel foolish.

#34     Jun 1, 2016
  5. Macca1

Macca1

What I'm trying to get my head around is that in the Tasty Trade interviews, Sosnoff talks about how he used to monitor Karen's positions/ risk- Just like they do with all clients( I assume under TOS) . So if Sos and the TD family knew what was going on, why did they put her on a pedestal and ramp her so hard via Tasty Trade? Even if Sos didn't know directly, surley someone in the family knew what was going on?

#35     Jun 1, 2016
  6. i960

i960

Sheesh:

karen_supertrader1.png

karen_supertrader2.png

#36     Jun 1, 2016
    Macca1 likes this.
  7. The last interview on TT was about 6 weeks from the Oct 2014 debacle. She was up 11.5% net fees according to the interview. I can believe that as vol was low and selling strangles worked...until...

Here's a good article that basically says leverage was her Achilles heel.
    See below.

Regarding her communication skills with investors....very Ponzi like. I'm just touching on the actual trading style. Overall, selling premium works great over the long haul. Just keep your size in tact. That's what Sos always says. I agree 100%.

http://macro-ops.com/karen-the-supertrader-goes-rogue/

#37     Jun 1, 2016
  8. i960

i960

Once the blow up happened it became 100% ponzi:

karen_supertrader3.png

#38     Jun 1, 2016
  9. Yes, typical of any ponzi, some investors get out with a BANG, and others are left holding the BAG.

#39     Jun 2, 2016
  10. Chubbly

Chubbly

I think Tom knew. I seem to recall one segment where Sosnoff said he wouldn't invest in her fund

#40     Jun 2, 2016