Scared Money Don't Make No money

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Nickvac, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i meant volatility in eur/usd and oil as the stocks i trade are primarily related to those.

#11     Aug 26, 2008
  2. Ok, I see

#12     Aug 26, 2008
  3. The week right before Labor Day is usually a very hard week however. Sloppy, sideways markets. This yr has been no exception. ES, the last few days, looks like a monkey threw paint at a wall. Not quite sure why I am working this week. Not going to next year!

#13     Aug 26, 2008
  4. err i meant the stocks i am trading THIS week are those i dunno how it worked out that i am trading oil related crap this week along with eur/usd bouncing up and down and people shitting there pants because there is a hurricane 1000km away.

#14     Aug 26, 2008
  5. that is why you feel volatile, if you do not know ehy you enter a trade, then the money is just sacred money.

it seems to you, either way, you get hurt. when you entered LONG, that does not work, after you reveresed, you get hurt again, ... and and on, that is "volatile" .

gee,

#15     Aug 27, 2008
  6. >>I just wanted to see what people would say when there was a lack of content and just a principle stated.>>

Looks like you have a good subset of responses already.

1. Smartasses
    2. Those who agree
    3. Those who would argue over penny stocks they don't even trade

I think your point is about emotions in trading. Emotions are too expensive to trade with. New traders make the mistake of trusting their gut (emotion) to guide their trading. They don't have any trading instinct yet, it has not yet developed in them to grow, so they lose and fall out.

Trade your system. If you don't have one, papertrade until you do, and profitably. You must trade by your own rules without emotion or there will be no objective analysis and comparison of trading results. Use emotion and you won't even know whether your own system is profitable, because emotions are neither sustainable, repeatable or measurable with dollars. Never seen a valid back-test that gave emotions a numerical index.

If your point is that people who make trading decisions (at least in part) on emotions, I agree 100%. There is no place for emotion when sending your money into cyberspace, never to return the same, ever again.

Success.

#16     Aug 27, 2008
  7. Nickvac

Nickvac

I think more so than people trading on emotions or quitting too quickly is the lack of people to toss in more money and increase positions when the market moves against them.

#17     Aug 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.