Scanning stocks using one's own criteria

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Salzburg, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Greetings technical traders,

I'd like to identify a website (preferably free or low cost) where I can scan a large number of stocks using my own very simple formulas -- and I do mean simple. For example: closed lower three periods in a row, or: open > yesterday's high and close < yada yada yada, or: ADX = such and such. Nothing fancy. A feature I'd really enjoy would be the ability to scan weekly and monthly bars.

Any ideas?

TIA,
    Philip

2. Finviz.com can do some of what you're looking for like ADV. I'd be interested too if there's a screener that can allow for customized formulas.

3. AlphaGeneration,

Thanks! Finviz.com offers quite a bit, I'm impressed. Let's see whether any other members come forward. I'm not into buying charting software and data right now, although it may come to that.

P.

4. ozbonfim

ozbonfim

Try ProRealTime.com

5. ess1096

ess1096

6. Thank you, ozbonfim and ess1096. I've been using Stockcharts. Their scanning engine allows you to formulate simple technical ideas of your own. Not bad, really, and inexpensive -- EOD.

I'll check out Prorealtime.com and see if I can scan for my stuff during the day session. That would be huge.

Good luck to you!

7. bigpapi

bigpapi

Metastock is good for simple stuff like that, they give you the first month free, if your system is good then it will pay for itself month after month, if it doesn't work out, then cancel it after the first month.