Scanning Programs and Indicators

Discussion in 'App Development' started by CodeX, Nov 3, 2013.

1. CodeX

CodeX

Can the C++ language be used to write a program that will scan the market for stocks with certain technical indicator values?
    Write a C++ program to scan the markets for stocks with certain fundamentals?
    Develop new indicators

Anyone done this before?

2. Nope. Never. The wheel was just invented yesterday... You're asking too much too soon...

3. CodeX

CodeX

Those who ask never get lost.

4. Those who ask the wrong question(s) in the wrong place are lost...

Those who are lazy or lack the necessary curiosity remain lost...

Those who lack self-reliance will always be lost...

Those who think they've come up with an original idea and disregard the 50,000 years of knowledge and achievements that came before them will always remain lost....

Have you noticed that the answer to your question is staring back at you on this page? Wonder how long it'll take you to find them?

Instead, you'll probably reply whining because you weren't spoon-fed the answer... Which I've done, but you might be too dense to recognize it...

How about Google? Ever hear of them? It's the quick and easy way to access that 50,000 years of achievements and knowledge...

Ever hear of books? Warehouses of knowledge, information, experience, and entertainment in neat, compact packages...

And lord help us if you can't find the answers you're looking for because you've asked the wrong question(s)...

5. Bob111

Bob111

:) :) :) yeah..OP is way ahead of his time :) :) :)

6. CodeX

CodeX

Let me worry about that, blah.

Lay off the drugs, blah.

blah12345678....blah12345678.....blah12345678

okay, blah.

Yeah i heard about google before; i just dont like quickies or shortcuts.

Yeah i heard about books before, i am thinking of taking one right now and slapping you with it. Which book(s) do you recommend (hard cover plz)?

blah12345678....blah12345678....blah12345678

Now Going back on topic:

Can the C++ language be used to write a program that will scan the market for stocks with certain technical indicator values?
    Write a C++ program to scan the markets for stocks with certain fundamentals?
    Develop new indicators

Anyone done this before?

7. CodeX

CodeX

Bob, is it possible? what i just asked....? please explain in simple english. no machine language this time please.

8. Bob111

Bob111

off course it's possible. if i can do it in VB6 ,then you certainly can do it in C++

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?345109-C-VS-Visual-Basic

but you kind of reinventing the wheel(nothing wrong with that,but unless you can't find the software you need-i see no point of RE-doing it from scratch. the amount of work can be astronomical.)

9. CodeX

CodeX

Thanks Bob, that's all i needed to know. It's not like i asked for proprietary coding or anything. Just wanted an idea of the extent / edge a programming language like C++ can give.

Anyway i plan on going thru C++ by end of November, then i ll jump to Java and then VB.

10. Bob111

Bob111

it will give you limitless flexibility(at expense of 'reinventing the wheel')
    because there is a lot of programs out there,where all those common indicators and functions are already programed for the user. and you have to make it from scratch. simple things like-average volume or show me high for # of bars.
    i would try something free like amibroker or it's older version or something else(never used,but i've heard that the language is pretty similar)

found it-

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Finances-Business/AmiBroker.shtml

#10     Nov 4, 2013