scanning and filtering software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by frank23, Jun 18, 2005.

1. jem

jem

Every post I have ever seen from Diamond Trim is about TI

#11     Dec 19, 2005
  2. Hmmm...I noticed the same thing looking back on the forums....Diamond Trim, are you in any way connected with the TradeIdeas organization?

#12     Dec 19, 2005
  3. They guys who run it are my friends, with whom I use to run www.futuretrade.com. I am a big fan cause I know how smart these guys are. Take a look at the P/L thread it is one that I started and where I post how well I do trading overall and of course I use Trade-ideas for my ideas. I take in between 20-60K monthly on average trading.

#13     Dec 19, 2005
  4. reg

reg

Is there any reason why you haven't been posting on the Trader P/L thread lately?

#14     Dec 19, 2005
  5. Yeah I just been running around Nov and Dec because of holidays etc. I feel like if I post I should be doing it when I am at it day in and day out but during holiday season I am snowboarding and visiting friends and all holiday type stuff. I was thinking of betting into it in Nov but then a few trips lined up. This is why we work for ourselves the lifestyle :)

#15     Dec 19, 2005
  6. DT doesnt believe in Santa Claus rally's it seems.

Speaking of trips we missed you at the recent Vegas show. Here is our recap of how things went:
    http://marketmovers.blogspot.com/2005/12/las-vegas-revisited.html

#16     Dec 19, 2005
  7. Hey David,

Yeah I was visiting some family in Canada, maybe next year you guys can VIP me out there cause I am your best promoter ;-)

#17     Dec 19, 2005
  8. #18     Dec 19, 2005
  9. Interesting, DT. The High/Low tickers, though, are the most basic of analytics, so I would expect them to be the same at that level. It takes a much deeper test than that to draw a comparison of real-time scanners. The bursting you refer to doesn't sound like a good thing to me...I'd rather have it streaming without any delays rather than buffering data for display all at one time.

The Whisper technology by design is much better at handling complex analytics quickly, that's where it shines. If the analytics aren't that involved, then you're right, TI is probably no different.

#19     Dec 19, 2005
  10. I would love to learn more. For me at the end of the day its all about the Benjamins. I am also not against using more than one scanning software. So give me some examples so we can do a better. This is good for people here on Elite cause that way they can get a better sense of what suits their style. Looking forward to it.

#20     Dec 20, 2005