SCAM!!! Alaron account statements

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by latinotrader, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Beware of Alaron account statements

They tout the prominently displayed "Account Balance" as the net asset value of the account, but the real figure is the "Net liquidity", hidden in the last parts of the Account Statement.

See example as attached file.

This is specially true for those with managed accounts.

2. How can something in plain sight be hidden?

The proverbial "bottom line" is actually given on the bottom line of the statement.

If you can't see the huge negative OTE you shouldn't have a futures account.

If you knew what you were doing you would never go near Alaron.

3. cstfx

cstfx

Whew!!

It's been 2 weeks and I was beginning to wonder when you were going to start a new thread on the same subject.

4. olias

olias

I feel your pain, but I don't think you can blame Alaron. I'm sure that Alaron has a guide to tell you what each of those values indicates. if you have questions, you need to ask your broker. If you think they were negligent, contact the NFA and let us know how it goes.

5. Blotto

Blotto

Whoever sold him the euros fifteen big figures above the market and six big ones above the contract high certainly made some money...

Unfortunately this has been pointed out repeatedly and OP has ignored it.

6. olias

olias

Good call.

'latinotrader', WTF are you trying to pull? Don't go blasting Alaron on here. Clearly they did not provide that statement.

7. lol