Scalping_My Way with ACV

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by VSTscalper, Apr 27, 2006.

1. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

While I do appreciate the kind words - don't build me up too much - I have to disagree with you on one point. You said "he also was a super nice guy" - well - thanks for that - however - I am probably closer to being an "a$$hole" - once in a while - might hit the "nice guy" - but I am sure - NEVER the "super nice guy". And - to some of my friends - I am sure they think I am full of BS. I am closer to what it shows in the attached picture.

#311     Apr 12, 2021
  2. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

IronFist,

I am responding late - to your last post in this tread - back on April 6 - my old brain cells finally kicked in - and now I believe I know what you are talking about - lol. I seriously don't know why - all of a sudden - I was looking at some other post in this thread - then seen yours post's again - and it hit me on the head - duh - now I know what he was talking about. You mentioned X's and O's previously.

Go to page 1 of this thread - click on the Picture - my second Post - I believe that is what you are talking about.

If you have time - and would like to talk - I will send you my Skype Name in a Private Message. I will explain what that indicator was about.

The way I trade now - is much simpler - with my Algos printing - Green and Red Entry Arrows on the chart. As long as I - Buy on a Green Arrow - and Short on a Red Arrow - I am successful with my trading. However - it may be getting to a point - because of my age - that I may mix up the Buy and Short colors and go out of business. That day will come - when I go to the bathroom - forget why I am there - go back to my office - sit down - and have an accident. Hmmm - maybe I should start wearing Depends

Is this what you were talking about?

_____OldTradingMethod_07-01-21_1.png .

VSTscalper

#312     Jul 1, 2021
  3. easymon1

easymon1

Keep up the good work, you have a great journal. Keep on Scalpin'.

Long vs. Short?
    What if the SHAPE of the Alert was different?
    What if a big
    grn '+' = BUY LONG = Positive
    red 'O' = SELL SHORT = Negative?

I use Arrows too and they can sneak by anybody, and do!
    Order entry mistakes crop up on my Error Log to this day.

Show these websites to some folks near and dear to you and see what you all think. Check what you eat, drink, meds. May be temporarily crashing the party and the effects may disappear when contaminant is removed. Keep that blood flowing. Hell if you all are like the rest of the world, we All have brain fog.

While you get this all sorted out, and you will, here's a video at the bottom of this linked page of something we all can do to improve circulation ongoing basis, 'Bounce for Health' video...https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/kombucha-tea.315210/#post-5414312

Brain Fog
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Brain+Fog

Best Supplements for Brain Fog - List of Nootropics
    https://nootropicsexpert.com/best-supplements-for-brain-fog/

Best Supplements for Brain Fog - Search
    https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=Best+Supplements+for+Brain+Fog
    Sorry for the long post...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    #313     Jul 2, 2021
  4. @VSTscalper
    Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about! Sure, send me a PM.

#314     Jul 2, 2021
  5. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

ES
    Bizarro - Algorithmic Signals
    50 Tick (Tick Chart) - Vertical Gray Bars
    One Tick (Tick Chart) - Horizontal Blue Lines
    Based on Price Action ONLY - on the Current Bar ONLY
    NO - Backtesting_Optimizing - Absolutely NOT Required
    The following picture is to show - how an Algo can Scalp - or Trend trade - with absolutely NO - Backtesting_Optimizing. We just tell the Algo - how many Ticks we want to Scalp - or just do Trend trades - or even Scalp_Trend combination trades. The chart Size and/or Type can be changed - again - with NO - Backtesting_Optimizing - Required or Needed.

If the Blue Lines are Spread apart - you would actually see Blue Dots. Think of Time and Sales and the D.O.M.

_____Scalp_S&R_S&RwithMultipleEntries.png

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    #315     Jul 9, 2021
  6. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

ES
    Sunday 07-18-21
    Market Open 15:00 to 17:30__(Pacific Standard Time)
    7 Tick Range Bar
    NO - Backtesting_Optimizing
    Based on Scalping - One Contract per trade
    Profit Target - 4 to 5 Ticks - the Algo decides
    Based on the Bizarro Code (as mentioned previously)
    Based on Price Action ONLY - on Current Bar ONLY

On the Left - Vertical Line is at 15:00 - to approximately 17:00
    On the Right - is the Performance Report for 10 days

_____ES_FromMarketOpenSundayPST_07-18-21_1.png

This picture shows from the Market Open on Sunday

_____ES_FromMarketOpenSundayPST_07-18-21_2.png

This following 2 pictures show the results for 10 days - 24 Hours per Day
    (of course - only an Algo could trade that many hours per day)

_____ES_FromMarketOpenSundayPST_07-18-21_3.png

_____ES_FromMarketOpenSundayPST_07-18-21_4.png

#316     Jul 18, 2021
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  7. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

I have been trading - Real Money - for around 28 years. First with Equities - then with Futures. Did some Forex - didn't care for it.

I do trade the Signals - Discretionary - and I NEVER trade for more than 2 hours in the morning. Getting older - in my 70's now - don't trade as much - and really don't need to trade at all. I have clients that lease some of my Algos - some CTA's and CPO's - along with some High Net Worth traders - for many years - so I have a great source of income. I still trade though - and code - to keep my old brain active - seriously. I have seen too many people - retire - and waste away - they don't know what to do.

The following pictures are examples of the Algo's that my big clients use. The last chart - is based on a One Tick - Tick Chart. Also added a Portfolio picture.

algorithmicdiscretionarysignals_02-06-17_2.png

esm6_04-15-16_1.png

gbpjpy_01-01-16.png

to All_12-15-15_2.png

onetickresolution_07-05-18_1.png

#317     Jul 19, 2021
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  8. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

Webinar - FREE

If there are any traders interested -
    tomorrow morning - Pacific Time - from 6am to 8am - I will be doing a Training Webinar - to show traders - a SIMPLE - Trading Method - that I have used for years. This will be TOTALLY....FREE. This method does NOT require a trader to purchase Indicators or Algorithmic Systems - from me - or anyone else.

If interested - please send me a Private Message - with an E-mail Address - I will send a Zoom Link - so you can enter the Webinar. I will limit the number of traders to 10 Maximum. Any trader attending - I ENCOURAGE - all questions.

If you like what you see - and you think that it can help you with your trading - then I only ask for one thing - show other traders you may know - how to trade this Trading Method. Before you do that - test it for yourself - for a period of time - but please do it on your Simulator - and if that works - then you should consider trying it on the Micros next - before trying it on the Minis. Some traders may find it to be Total BS - but hopefully - it may help some traders going forward.

The following pictures are in this thread - but I decided to add them here - so you can see what will be shown tomorrow. The picture that says - "MySetup" - the Top part with the Support and Resistance lines - that is really all a trader needs - don't necessarily need the Bottom - but I will explain. This is actually my Favorite Setup - even more than my Algorithmic Signals - I will explain why tomorrow.

#318     Aug 26, 2021
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  9. volpri

volpri

@vst

Overnight aka as Fedex appears to be generally an unbeliever in anything that is possible, good, or profitable. He appears to be anti-scalping also. I wouldn't pay too much attention to his rantings.

I remember you from years back. Your were scalping inside the bars. That is, your scalps were taking place inside a single bar, back then anyway, if I remember correctly. At the time, if I recall correctly I was scalping stocks from level 2 on NY exchange and AMEX. So your modus operandi was interesting to me.

Many years have passed. I will soon be 67 but still like scalping. Always have.

Seems like you have automated it. Congratulations. Carry on.

I think I remember you talking about sitting in Starbucks scalping somewhere over in CA or Oregon??

I too am a scalper but just do it in a different way.

#319     Aug 27, 2021
  10. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

As far as "Overnight" goes - got nothing against him - I wish him all the best with his trading - traders have to find out what works best for them. Many traders - probably Most traders - do not believe in Scalping - and that is okay.

In my very early days - I worked - was an investor in the Stock Market. Got into part-time trading in the early to middle 1990's - eventually stopped working - went full-time trading.

I just prefer Scalping - probably because I grew up on an Indian Reservation in Montana - and both my Brothers-in-Laws are American Indian - and they taught me how to Scalp - lol.

I still scalp - inside the bars - and yes - I did automate it - however - I still love Discretionary trading the Signals - keeps my old brain active. Based on what I see on the chart - sometimes I will do a Scalp_Trend combination trade - take most of the contracts off at a couple ticks - then have a Runner. Got you beat on Age - getting close to middle 70's now - of course - that is nothing to brag about - as I will probably also die sooner - lol.

Because of Covid-19 - I haven't been back to California for over a year and a half. There is a Starbucks in the Encinitas area - a block or so from the beach - which was (and still is) - my favorite Starbucks. The first time I went there - my lady and I were staying at a hotel in Del Mar - just a short distance from Encinitas. I got up early one morning - drove to that Starbucks - got a Frappuccino - started trading. I was on Skype - talking to a client in the London, UK area. We were trading together - then I stopped talking - he asked - is everything okay - I told him yes. Well - it was a beautiful Sunny morning - and what caused me to stop talking for a bit - was all these girls stopping in at Starbucks - in Bikinis - on the way to the beach - walking distance from Starbucks. It was a constant stream of girls. I finally had to stop trading - as I couldn't focus - and I lost on some trades. Since I am a Scalper mainly - I really have to focus - and make quick decisions on a trade - and even though I was a lot younger then - those damn girls caused me problems - I know traders will feel sorry for me - having to see that - but I only had honorable thoughts - lol. I told my client - I would get back to him - in a little while. I drove to another Starbucks - just a couple miles away from the beach - contacted him again. He was laughing so hard - neither one of us could trade for awhile - lol. That was a long time ago - but I still go there when I go to Southern Cal. When all this Covid-19 stuff is over - I will be going back - we love that area. Of course now - at my age - I will probably have a heart attack - just seeing all those girls in bikinis - but it would be a good way to go - at least I am sure - I would die with a happy smile. As I am typing this - had a thought - that Starbucks - maybe we should get a group of us perverts - I mean traders - together - have a Meetup at that Starbucks - on a beautiful Sunny morning - see who could lose the most money - watching the Bikini show.

However..................

Based on what has happened lately - in my thread - I will probably be leaving the forum again - very soon. I have many friends - in this forum - so it will be hard to leave - but I don't have time nor do I care to deal with childish traders throwing tantrums - NOT talking about Overnight - I am okay with him - it was another so called trader - who also went into another thread - when he got Blocked from my thread - and put a picture of him getting Blocked - and posting more BS. Overnight got Blocked also - didn't mean for him to get blocked - but I had contacted Magna to let him know what was going on. Not going to look for it now - but in my thread - not to long ago - I believe I mentioned that Overnight could come see my charts in Real Time - but then again - I may have just been thinking about that - lol. I got NOTHING to Hide and there are other traders in this forum - that have seen my Algos in Real Time.

I was seriously thinking about Sponsoring "Strategy Building" - until this happened - really turned me off. Awhile back - I had contacted Baron - but due to some health issues - decided not to do it at the time. If I did Sponsor - "Strategy Building" - and this happened again - I would be just wasting money. The main reason for Sponsoring - is just to help other traders - I enjoy doing it - when I have time. I have someone in mind - that I have known for years - that would handle the day to day stuff - as I have clients I work with.

I wish all traders much success - even traders I don't care about. We have a short time in this world - we should use that time to be the best that we can be. I am far from perfect - and I can be a Total A$$hole at times - which my lady can verify - but I do try to do good most of the time - lol. When I am an A$$hole with my lady - it usually cost me money - end up having to buy something for her - not too smart on my part - lol.

ChipShotTrader_08-27-21_1.png

#320     Aug 28, 2021