Scalping_My Way with ACV

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by VSTscalper, Apr 27, 2006.

1. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

ES_MES - Scalping - One Contract - 4 to 5 Ticks per trade

6:30 am to Market Close - Pacific Standard Time
    (the Cyan Vertical Lines indicate the start of trading)
    (the Performance Report to the Right - based on 24 hours - 8 trading days)

_ES_MES_01-12-21_3.png

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    #271     Jan 12, 2021
  2. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

NQ(EN)_Scalp - Trend - and Scalp_Trend Combination

100 Tick Range Bars

Various Set-ups - with the same code

NO - Backtesting_Optimizing - (Required or Desired)
    (although the Algo - can be Backtested_Optimized - if desired)

_E-Mini_NQ(EN)_01-17-21_1.png _NQ(EN)_01-17-21_1.png

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    #272     Jan 17, 2021
  3. ZTrader888

ZTrader888

Hi - Those are impressive results. The report title shows "Back-Testing Strategy Performance Report". Does your algo perform with similar results in real time? What sort of slippage do you get? I'm a scalper as well. I use either limit orders or market orders with profit target/stoploss. I also use a volume delta factor - similar to your ACV, so I'm interested as to how it's working for you in real time. Thanks.

#273     Jan 24, 2021
  4. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

It always says - "Back-Testing Strategy Performance Report" - but - the results - are NOT Back-Tested. Personally - I know a lot of Developers - that Back-Test_Optimize - and there systems work okay for awhile - then FAIL. It is all about how the Algo is coded.

Send me a Private Message - I will explain a little - about the code - don't want to do it here.

My preference is Scalping - although I will do Short-Term Scalp_Trend combinations. See #271 above.

#274     Jan 24, 2021
  5. ZTrader888

ZTrader888

Done. Thanks.

#275     Jan 24, 2021
  6. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

ES (EP)_Scalp - Trend - and Scalp_Trend Combination

50 Tick Range Bars - trading 4 Contracts per Entry

10 Days

NO - Backtesting_Optimizing - (Required or Desired)
    (although the Algo - can be Backtested_Optimized - if desired)

___ES_01-25-20_1.png

#276     Jan 25, 2021
  7. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

Just testing some new code and playing around - haven't traded it with Real Money yet. This is what I call my Bizarro code - a Scalp_Trend combination. It Enters trades - that we would not normally take.

___ET_Forum_01-30-21_1.png

#277     Feb 2, 2021
    beginner66 likes this.
  8. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

The charts show our Algorithmic Signals. Of course - trading this fast - Discretionary - NOT realistic.
    --One Tick Range Bar--
    --Scalping for One Tick on Top Chart--
    --Stop and Reverse on Bottom Chart--

___ET_Forum_ScalpTrend_02-08-21_1.png

#278     Feb 8, 2021
  9. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

Head and Shoulders

This chart shows how I do Head and Shoulders - based on a One Tick Range Bar - however - using the Green and Red dots - an Indicator which I developed many years ago.

While I trade mostly with my Algo Signals now - I used this trading method for many years and still trade it now and then.

On this chart - I show how I do Head and Shoulders - my way. Also shown - are Support and Resistance lines - based on the Open of the bar - NOT the High or Low - which for me - I find to be more accurate. I use both charts together - great for Scalping - and/or - Scalp_Trend combinations.

By the way - I Scalp - base on Price Action ONLY - on the Current Bar. On this chart - which is a 7 Tick Range Bar - if Price gets within 3 ticks of Support or Resistance - I look at the Green and Red Dots - and depending on what I see - I will do a CounterTrend Scalp. I trade back and forth - between Support and Resistance. There are other things I consider - but won't get into that now.

___ET_Forum_HeadAndShoulders_02-08-21_1.png

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    #279     Feb 8, 2021
    beginner66 likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

So...Are you selling your strategy, or just webinars on how great it all is? And how many contracts per day are your strats round-turning, on average?

#280     Feb 8, 2021