Scalping_My Way with ACV

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by VSTscalper, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Hi VST,

Button Trader has an alarm which you can set for ACV... Per level...

so you can set the alarm for 2-1 ratio at the 5th level or 4th or 3rd... etc... then it goes off an gives you an audio alert so it is easier on the eyes...

and a few other things like that it does on the ACV...

cj...

:)

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#11     Apr 30, 2006
  2. Good thread I am subscribing.

#12     Apr 30, 2006
  3. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

EdgeHunter,

That is a great feature on Button Trader. I see at the bottom....it says...."if you have the vision we have the code"....are you with Button Trader?....or is that for something else?

VSTscalper

#13     Apr 30, 2006
  4. No, i am my own programming shop...

We have looked over Button Trader vs NT and they both looked fine just that Button Trader has the ratio's and the audio alarms...

i am not connected with either of them...

cj..

:)

#14     Apr 30, 2006
  5. There is nothing new in totaling the DOM...but that VST is interesting...

#15     Apr 30, 2006
  6. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

cj,

I did look at Button Trader some time ago....but I decided to go with NinjaTrader. Have multiple accounts set-up with my brokers....and Ninja. I use TradeStation for charting....but I think their Matrix is kind of stoneage compared to Button....Ninja....and others....so I won't trade with them.

I have some ex-Microsoft programmers....converting my indicators into Ninja code. I live just a short distance from the Microsoft campus....and my business partner is an ex-Microsoft project manager....and he has a lot of great connections with Microsoft programmers. I can program fairly well in TS EasyLanguage....but don't want to take the time to learn C# or C++....or any other language. NinjaTrader wants my indicators on their charts....so they are giving me a good deal. That is one of the main reasons I went with Ninja. I have already discussed doing something similar with Ninja....like you have on Button Trader.

I have heard good things about Button Trader though.

VSTscalper

#16     Apr 30, 2006
  7. Agreed that totaling DOM is nothing new, but most are not calibrated to the continually depleting total which I believe is also an important measure. The depletion ALWAYS precedes ALL price changes. ALthough the ratio is an important measure, it hides some small intricacies since for me a B/A ratio of 50:10 is very different than a 500:100. For me, in the former, a SHORT is more imminent than the latter. This is somewhat of a screwup for a lot of traders who regard the size traders to be the guys to follow. My rule is always whoever has the highest depletion rate since they are the one's that are ultimately driving which side of the market is the most valuable. I run statistically significant imminency thresholds for these type of levels as an ultra fine measure of the current action since sums closer to ZERO are the ones that get taken out... ALWAYS!

Kind Regards,
    MAK

#17     May 1, 2006
    Ace21base and Sprout like this.
  8. Can you put me on your "newsletter"... and let me know when you make those changes so i can see them on the new NT or are they only for your copy of NT only... ??

cj

:confused:

#18     May 1, 2006
  9. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

cj,

I don't have a newsletter....but I will let you know in a PM.

When we signed up with Ninja....because our indicators are totally different....they asked if we would program our indicators for their clients to have access to. It will take some time to get it done. I worked hard to develop them for TradeStation....but we have Real programmers working on them for Ninja.

VSTscalper

#19     May 1, 2006
  10. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

I am going to be doing a private Webinar....tomorrow....after the market closes. I will be discussing the ACV....Ranges....Trendlines....etc. If anyone is interested....just PM me.

I have been getting many PM's asking about the ACV....my Indicators....my trading methods....etc....so if you want to learn more about how I trade....I may start a Blog....again....if there is enough interest.

VSTscalper

#20     May 2, 2006