Scalping ???

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Hawker, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Ditch

Ditch

Dt-waw has a problem with people making money. he sounds awfully pissed off lately. probably had to sell his Porsche.:p

#21     Jul 29, 2003
  2. ptt

ptt

Scientist
    "My problem is that I'm overseas"

Do you adequate execution speed for scalping the ES?

This thread may need to be changed to Scientist vs. DT-waw

#22     Jul 29, 2003
  3. DT-waw

DT-waw

<b>Conclusion: the richer you're, the higher chances of staying longer as a trader.Certainly, it's not a rocket science!</b>
    <i>Very recent "numbskull" wisdom of yours.You obviously don't trade.</i></b>

-- You're wrong. I trade.

<b>"In general, I think games like poker or scrabble are very close to trading. People I know who are very good at scrabble and poker have - first of all - strong psychical skills. So, to succeed in trading, you must be strong psychicaly."</b>
    <i>So how about you DT-waw? Are you a strong psychic? Enlighten me with the light of shiva! LOL!</i>
    <b>"Maybe we should all focus on psychological aspects of trading, rather than seeking great systems and money management strategies."</b>
    <i>Yeah, Mr.Supertrader. :p</i>

-- my point there was: keep it simple, if you're aren't prepared psychologically, systems won't help you.

<b>"$150 per day with $2k acct is BS, I guess. Nooo, I'm sure it is.</b>
    <i>Idiot. Stop talking about things you don't know."</i>

-- OK. Mr Supertrader. Tell us all that you are able to make $150 daily on a consistent basis for every $2k acct. I can't wait.

<b>I will need only one 15 inch monitor to track E-mini chart instead of 2 or 3 bigger monitors required to track 10 or more stock charts." </b>
    <i> Good Luck to you, buddy</i>
    <i>I think you all get the picture here. :D</i>

-- I'm still using that one 15 inch monitor. What's wrong with that? I'm not daytrading 15 stocks at a time.

<b>"eSignal costs $185/month plus $22 Eurex fee. That's not cheap. :mad: "</b>

-- It's not cheap. I prefer to save $207/mo in my pocket. I really don't need eSignal now, although I used it for few months.

<b>"Same with "cut your losses, let your profits grow". If your losses can be max 1 point, and you take every profit at 3 points, you will likely to have 3 times more losing than winning trades."</b>
    <i>No comments.</i>

-- this is true when trends = noise, or Hurst Exponent ~0.5
    When we have strong trends, strategy "cut losses and let profits grow" works.

<b>"There’s a serious possibility, that majority of trader’s results come from the luck factor only."</b>
    <i>No luck, brother. Hint: Just iron discipline, due diligence and hard work. U got a lot to learn, bro...</i>

-- I remember this thread, Oct 2001. It's skills and luck. You say "NO luck". That is obviously not true.

<b>"32.33% average p.a. return in the last 5 years. 19.93% max drawdown. Very good IMO"</b>
    <i>LOL - Well in YOUR HUMBLE opinion. Keep plodding, brother. You'll be in the league one day.</i>

-- I remember this was Quadriga Fund performance. Would you done better with $50-$100M, Mr. Supertrader?

Otherwise, you can apologize for your B.S. in an appropriate manner and we forget the issue. It's your choice.
    You have the choice : Peace ~ War.

-- You call me idiot , my posts - crap. And you expect apologies from me? As I said, I just bring up some quotes from your posts, bold here and there. And you are getting angry, mad. You take it personally. Stay cool, brother!

#23     Jul 29, 2003
  4. DT-waw

DT-waw

I don't have a problem with people making money. As you can see I stay calm. Sounds like Scientist is pissed off a little. But that's his problem. Good luck and good trading to you Brother Ditch and to you Brother Scientist. Candle, bring here some love and peace! :)

PS. I don't have a Porsche. And I can't afford to buy a seat at CME. Sounds like I'm not as good as Scientist at trading :D

#24     Jul 29, 2003
  5. Hawker

Hawker

I was the one who started this thread with a very simple uneasiness about scalping!! You guys have taken this to a different road falling into a personal dispute. Come on people !! We all have a different point of view and different ideas about any business or any issue in life thats why all the colors are there for..I don't care if guy A is doing money with his ideas I don't care if guy B is doing money in a different way, as long as I can learn something about each one for my own benefit thats why is ET and other sites for to share ideas and learned something every day from other fellow traders!!
    :)

#25     Jul 29, 2003
  6. Hawker

Hawker

I was the one who started this thread with a very simple uneasiness about scalping!! You guys have taken this to a different road falling into a personal dispute. Come on people !! We all have a different point of view and different ideas about any business or any issue in life thats why all the colors are there for..I don't care if guy A is doing money with his ideas I don't care if guy B is doing money in a different way, as long as I can learn something about each one for my own benefit thats why is ET and other sites for to share ideas and learned something every day from other fellow traders!!

#26     Jul 29, 2003
  7. Hawker

Hawker

:)

#27     Jul 29, 2003
  8. Hawker

Hawker

#28     Jul 29, 2003
  9. <b>What you didn't realize, Mister Twister, is that you're attempting to make an idiot out of me, whether you're calling me one or not.
    Get this man: I don't need bullshit from swing-trading rookies.
    This was originally a scalping thread, where people were seriously discussing this trading style. Until you pooped along, got all sensitive and sceptical of the issue of scalping, as if you've had past frustrations on the issue.
    So I say: "Why so sceptical? Got burnt? :)"[with a smile btw to express irony and in order not to be offensive!], and you go ahead ridiculing me, going through hundreds of my posts in order to find some that are suitable to be taken out of context and malified. If you think that's not offensive, then you're a frustrated little fellow.

So where's that Porsche gone?

Good Luck to you brother :p
    P.S: Are you bored???

~Scientist</b>

#29     Jul 29, 2003
  10. Staying calm is good. You're still engaging in warfare, though, calm or not.
    Am I pissed off? Yes I am! Am I angry? Sure not. You don't know me yet. The only thing that can make me angry is the current destruction of our planet and all the actions of nasty politicians and corporations out there. Not a little piker like you.

Regarding Ditch - Well he's right about DT-waw isn't he?
    "He sounds awfully pissed lately?" Is probably the finest way of putting it, brother Ditch.

Although "he probably had to sell his Porsche" is probably inappropriate since he's most likely still working on the down payment for his '78 Mitsubishi Sigma...

No, you don't have a Porsche, and I wouldn't even buy one, I do have a nice sports car that I'd far prefer to a Porsche.
    And yes, I'd consider buying a seat at CME, and no, of course you couldn't afford one. Don't poo-poo ME for it, though!

Why? Because you don't even grasp the most basic concepts of trading, not to mention courtesy. How do you expect to make as much money as a pro day trader / scalper can make? Stop being ironeous.

You're a position trader and dare to undermine a scalper on a scalping thread about his integrity and ridicule it in every way possible. You've been haunting me for a while now with your day trading scepticism. Go back to study BigCharts.

Stop bothering me man. I think I've made some clear and valid points here. I'm expecting an excuse from you.

Thank You very much for your consideration, Brother DT-waw

Sincerely,
    ~Scientist

#30     Jul 29, 2003