scalping

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dkthegreat101, Jul 22, 2008.

1. scalping setup from Linda's web

#21     Jul 25, 2008
  2. amitman

amitman

I wouldn't suggest scalping stocks for you really need to know what your doing and have extra fast order entry system and fills.
    Scalping futures through the DOM is a bit easier. Being profitable with a 2:1 Risk/Reward ratio is possible and I've been doing it some time now. You do need to have at least 80% of success (not very hard if you're scalping) or use two lots and scale out, first target with a 2:1 r/r and the second with a trailing stop, sell before next resistence etc. in order to balance your r/r .

#22     Jul 25, 2008
  3. that's high for a scapler. more like less then .003. but point noted.

#23     Jul 25, 2008
  4. I just down loaded the platform from Lightspeed and they promised me slightly over .003 per share. With a minimum lot size of 100 shares that comes to about .35 cents a trade plus ecn fees and $10.00 per month for level 1 and 2 quotes. No platform fees. They clear through pension.

Sounds too good to be true. Does anyone know anything about this brokerage. They are listed on ET but no one has commented on them so far.

#24     Jul 25, 2008
  5. I find it interesting in almost all other type of trading ie: swing/trend etc.. there are many details being discussed.

Yet in almost every scalping thread, noone is ever able to discuss any techniques or details other than the high level overviews which is pretty useless for actual trading.

Is it because scalping is more difficult to quantify? kind like playing super mario, how do you explain the timing to jump onto the next elevator to avoid the fireball?

#25     Jul 25, 2008
  6. Dead in the water.....

I just got caught dead in the water today....

#26     Jul 25, 2008