Scalping

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mayes6b, Apr 29, 2008.

1. nic05

nic05

If that was the case we would probably have all left by now and be trading together in a basement somewhere :)

#11     Apr 30, 2008
  2. nic05

nic05

Rereading this post, I noticed you were basing your calculations on a $50k month. A 100 % payout with higher fees is great in that scenerio, but what about when you're pulling out 20-30 k a month? The lower fees overide the higher payout in that case. At this point, I am taking home what most people would consider a pretty decent paycheque consistently, but I trade a strategy that (like most) has its dry periods. I am not sure I would want the added stress of having to cover yet more fees during those times . It's different for everyone depending on how they trade, I suppose. Right now, I wouldn't consider leaving for more money unless my fees stayed relatively the same or not *too much* higher. It just wouldn't be worth it in my case (or most of the other traders I know). There is also something to be said for having someone else manage all the administrative stuff and overall I think I have a pretty good deal . I also really like the guys I work for and appreciate the fact that they gave me this opportunity in the first place so that infuences my decision to stay put.

Happy trading :)

#12     Apr 30, 2008

3. Unless you don't make money never give away a % of it. 40% is too much to give up.

#13     Apr 30, 2008