scalping with peter2h

Discussion in 'Journals' started by peter2h, Apr 14, 2019.

1. NQurious

NQurious

Luck had nothing to do with it, and it was obvious that he was right when he offered to leave ET if you produced NFA’s and fees and you said nothing.

Imo, no shame in paper trading. Maybe no shame in deciding not to reveal to the reader that this demonstration was simulated. But when called out on it you attempted to avoid admitting it was sim, and worse, you went after Des’s credibility, both in the feedback thread and even now in this one, e.g. “a young man who attacks anything he doesn’t understand.”

Seems he understood completely, imo.

I’d still like to see the demonstration done with full disclosure, only post orders where you can call the limit before hand, etc.

Probably best to kill this journal and start over fresh if you decide to do so.

#121     Apr 20, 2019
    destriero likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

Sold a third of what? You've admitted it was all sim and they were all one lots. What is this BS?

#122     Apr 20, 2019
  3. destriero

destriero

Good entries? When buying the bid and shorting the offer on sim?

#123     Apr 20, 2019
  4. cafeole

cafeole

The fact that this was a sim doesn't bother me. We all have to do our due diligence. I went over the 7 trades he posted and noticed that if he had given the entry an extra 0.25 and took only 0.75, all the trades should have worked. His system is worth looking at and I appreciate this thread.

#124     Apr 20, 2019
    NQurious and MACD like this.
  5. cafeole

cafeole

I watched the 1000 tick chart for ES today and noticed that the price bounced off of the 50% retracement line from the overnight h/l 4 times since 10:30am and scalping each time would have been successful. It is uncanny how often it touched the line and bounced.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    #125     Apr 22, 2019