Scalping with a hard stop loss

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lukas, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Handle123

Handle123

I know Iqfeed, Esignal and IB use to not send it all, don't know how they are now as I get CME and CQG

#81     Feb 1, 2019
    bone likes this.
  2. I'm using DTN IQFeed....very good so far. Never see a gap in ES/NQ prices intraday.

#82     Feb 1, 2019
    bone likes this.
  3. bone

bone

I've always been amazed at the people who will commit vast effort and hundreds of hours to data analysis - but they insist on using cheap or preferably free data. Boggles the mind.

For those of you following at home who don't have Tier 1 charting platforms: there's a very good reason why MatLab offers a toolbox extension for the Bloomberg data feed. Even if you're selling cars or tending bar - spend a very nominal sum for good, clean, quality data directly from CME.

https://www.cmegroup.com/market-data.html

#83     Feb 1, 2019
    IAS_LLC and Overnight like this.
  4. I don't care what anybody says...DTN IQFeed delivers quality data.
    Friday post 3 pm was a perfect example.....the ES/NQ futures market was moving at the speed of light....
    there were violent reversals on big volume.....and it did not miss a beat.

#84     Feb 2, 2019
  5. Ilgan

Ilgan

I am not against scalping but I always find it difficult as there is too much risk in trading on the shorter term. I think trading requires planning and a good plan is that which makes you able to stay on the market for a long time. Do you agree with me?

#85     Feb 18, 2019
  6. volpri

volpri

Nope

#86     Feb 18, 2019
  7. expiated

expiated

I recently found out that a guy name J.M. Hurst originated this kind of thing back in the 1970's.

upload_2020-2-17_18-29-18.png

The charts I'm using now look more like the one above than the ones I posted a year ago...

upload_2020-2-17_18-38-8.png

#87     Feb 17, 2020
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Becoming more of a scalper and using a BB aswell

Screenshot_20200218-102017_MetaTrader 4.jpg

#88     Feb 18, 2020
    expiated likes this.
  9. Bookmap is very good for scalping

#89     Feb 18, 2020