Scalping Vs. Runners

Discussion in 'Trading' started by John9999, Oct 12, 2018.

1. qlai

qlai

If you can, that's great. "Usually" large spreads indicate the instrument is illiquid. If it's liquid with large spreads, it is "usually" very volatile and as such an HFT playground. I am not arguing against your success, just putting out my pre-conceived ideas to be challenged by people who know/experienced more than me.

#41     Oct 15, 2018
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

German Open time, 1pt fixed spread, then 2pts into US close, then stupid spread, I struggle with 2 to be honest.

Check out the DAX / GER30 index, very range bound and a good range relative to spread cost.

#42     Oct 15, 2018
  3. mbondy

mbondy

Scalp your losses and run your winners.

#43     Oct 15, 2018
  4. I know a scalper that does exactly that. He loses his money searching for the impulses and grinds his way back with scalping. I asked him why he does that and he says it is too hard to scalp day-in & day-out grinding away...

ES

#44     Oct 15, 2018
    qlai likes this.
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

I've got to fight the urge to get bored and start dreaming and hoping for bigger returns, cause it always ends badly dent the account, then have to claw it all back scalping and repeat!!

Trading is never easy, add the in the pressure of trying to make 50% of my income monthly from it ( more of a requirement currently ) and the pressure does not help.

#45     Oct 15, 2018
    John9999 likes this.
  6. I need a mechanical system to scalp...I cannot discretionarily scalp yet...

ES

#46     Oct 15, 2018
  7. John9999

John9999

Today I traded utilizing bracket orders. This is something I have done well with in the past. It forces me to have a stop AND a set exit as well. At least for me and my mental makeup it is good.

#47     Oct 18, 2018