Scalping Trending markets

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EsKiller, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Do you use the momentum indie and the acceleration indie? Can you post a chart with an entry? I understand if you do not. I am just trying to learn. Handle taught me some stuff once about 5 years ago...but he automates now.

ES

#11     Jul 8, 2018
  2. SteveH

SteveH

The more complicated the descriptions of what to do get, the higher the likelihood that the person dispensing the advice is risking $1 to make $1 and has to be right 65-70% of the time long-term.

#12     Jul 9, 2018
  3. padutrader

padutrader

many times it is
    a trend change is not a moment it is a process.

but sometimes if you count the bars in the pull back and it exceeds 5-6 then the trend may be weakening.

#13     Jul 10, 2018
  4. padutrader

padutrader

YES
    many traders hesitate to trade fast markets thinking that fast markets will not last.
    the reality may be exactly the opposite

#14     Jul 10, 2018
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

It's all set up to make us worry Fear is the mind killer, to make us despite knowing what we should do, in the heat of trading we still do the exact wrong thing.

#15     Jul 10, 2018
  6. EsKiller

EsKiller

You sound like this is an impossible feat. For the record, my profit target and risk isn't static. But many trades are indeed 1:1. Some are 2:1, and some are less than 1:1. 65-70 is hard, but so is becoming a pro athlete. Takes work and study. Master the craft.

To electricsavant, I dont know who or what handle is, but I am not interesting in posting charts at the moment. Perhaps a later time.

#16     Jul 10, 2018
  7. schweiz

schweiz

To me scalping and trending markets are a contradiction.
    Scalping belongs to non trending markets for me.
    If markets trend I trade the trend, scalping makes me miss big profits because of taking profits much too early.

#17     Jul 10, 2018
    birdman likes this.