Scalping The Ym

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by STEERAM, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Crude is a monster, and you need to know what you are doing and/or have a call into the NYMEX.

I just use DOM/SUB indicators!

sud'

#11     Apr 8, 2007
  2. STEERAM

STEERAM Guest

Besides scalping, I was a news trader and always had the terminal at my side, I have not found a news service that has been as good or as fast. I would trade the bonds on some of the eco news and trade crude and natty gas on the storage numbers things like that. The first month sucks when u have to suck up the 2k but after that it should pay for itself

#12     Apr 8, 2007
  3. T.A.P

T.A.P

Surdo - you mentioned "The CajunFiddlerCrab @PURETICK" - from the following posts I'm guessing this is an instructional chat room for YM traders. Right?

If so could you help a brother out and point me in the direction of finding it?

Thanks a million...

#13     Apr 9, 2007
  4. #14     Apr 9, 2007
  5. Surdo

Surdo

http://www.puretick.com/

They offer a trial!

el surdo

#15     Apr 9, 2007
  6. You will be better off scalping ES, $12.5 a tick. Velocity offers good commissions but $2.50 all in for a retail trader sounds too good to be true.

#16     Apr 9, 2007
  7. STEERAM

STEERAM Guest

thats 2.50 a tick in the dow

#17     Apr 9, 2007
  8. STEER , you mentioned wanting to scalp.

What do you think scalping is? going in and out of the market 50 times a day. Waiting for 3-6 good setups a day can yield the same amount of profits as someone who is constantly in the market. Fyi this is still considered scalping. I had to find this out the hard way and thousands of dollars later. :(

Caj

#18     Apr 10, 2007
  9. STEERAM

STEERAM Guest

I hear ya Caj, I just used to do it and do it well with stock, I wasnt the most efficent I would do 1million share a day sometimes but amde good money. Its me having to learn patience, cause Thats not my personality. So the futures end is new to me( scalping that is) I am doing it in my spare time to relearn. I do like pure tick, I think you guys are good. But maybe its mean, I will try to give it another shot. Its not that I wasnt making money with you. I might have lost a little off the top by doing my own thing as well

#19     Apr 10, 2007
  10. Are you scalping for the sake of scalping or to make money? I think Spectra is way correct. Although I prefer getting in once a day, personally, which also allows me to have a nice day job.

You have to overcome commissions, slippage, and the occasional error in the YM just to break even. I have met a lot more successful YM daytraders than successful YM scalpers.

#20     Apr 11, 2007