Scalping The Yen

Discussion in 'Forex' started by gamalruach, Mar 10, 2004.

1. I'll tell yah, Roberk, there is a member here who dissed the F out of me unprovoked when I first showed up on another forum in which he is a member.

So... I took the opportunity, once I saw him and his milktoasty dribble egotistical posts here, to... kinda f_ck with him, yah know?

Anyway, one of his buddies jumped in and hit me with a post... so I took him out clean.

They both went running off whining, crying and complaining to the admin who sent ME a warning. Mm... I don't take any ****, so I told the admin to "jam" his warning because I did nothing wrong - I was just defending myself .... *yawn* ... that earned me a forum ban on posting.

After I cooled down awhile, realized what a jerk that other member is, and that it is a waste of my time to engage in spats here, I took another ID - Upon signing up again the admin hit me with a PM - I never read it.

gsr

#21     Mar 17, 2004
  2. traderob

traderob

Ok Sam,
    thanks for explaining. Good luck in your trading.

#22     Mar 17, 2004
  3. At this rate maybe you should wish me good luck in my posting.

:D

#23     Mar 17, 2004
  4. Sampharo

Sampharo

A guy posts an opinion, and one can expect another to jump with a rebuttal, or an objection, or even a lousy flame for the feebleminded. But darn it, two pages of presumptuous blasting just because I said Oanda seems good?! Not only that but it actually takes a trip to giving the moderators the finger! This is an FX trading forum for God's sake not a Newcastle football fanclub.

Steve, your assumption that I am cheering for Oanda is totally wrong. I joined this forum exactly one week ago, and I am currently trading with FXCM, and had no idea about Oanda except when Gamalruach (The FIRST Sam) told me about it. I'm the Managing Director of my own firm that employs 27 people, and don't run around collecting pennies from endorsing a broker. I put forward an honest opinion, about the demo that I just gave a try last night.

This brings us to the second mistake in your post. You have launched your flame and objections against my opinion.... That's absolutely cool. It's fine to have a different point of view. But why the heck would you take such a busted up hard core drill at me, when all you're saying is that you HEARD they're crap?! If you don't have a first hand experience, then what's eating you? And on that same line, what is this pent-up anger that flowed in from the rest of the posters.

Everybody hates useless and false endorsements, but let's not start acting like alley brats "NOOOOOO, My Broker Is Better Than Yours... Nyah naa na naa naaah"

Now that is done, back to Sam's post:

I have understood and agree with all your points, you seem to have a great system going for you here. I have one itchy point to discuss though:

"I focus more of my time on how to win and how to avoid losing than making losing such a structural component of my trading that it interferes with the other dyamics that must be present in order to win every trade."

Sounds great, but every trader has seen how one trade left with running losses can wipe out the account despite other stronger winning trades. The known fact is that the S/L is placed below a support or above a resistance because if a price breaks above or below, it's gonna run in that direction, so even if the original direction is still valid, it's better to let it run until it stops and starts climbing again, THEN one can re-enter the trade. Also, the S/L protects the trade if it breaks during the night.

I'm with you that many people just jump in with an automatic stop-loss of 25 points regardless where the heck it is, and naturally those people will eat through more stops than a color-blind driver, effectively wiping their account out of spread losses rather than real ones, but you have to draw the line somewhere. I mean do you watch the market for hours and hours and stay in only while you're sitting there? and how would you handle a news triggered 150 point move against you that sometimes happen in seconds?

(P.S. Emirati Princesses are cuter, wilder, and DO have a better sense of humor. :p Besides you don't wanna be stuck with the princess's grandmother, for you won't see your bride till after the wedding if she's Saudi. :D)

Sam (THE OTHER ONE!)

#24     Mar 17, 2004
  5. Ha! Funny Sam.

Two things.

1) Nevermind anything negative said about OANDA. None of it is true. You can even test it live. Make 500 one unit trades (so small they don't even register money-wise) test their system live for yourself then you will see that what I say is true.

Most likely the negative (out of place) flames against you are due to the flamers either working for another broker or they know someone who does. Those flames against you for what you said about OANDA were totally a riot and uncalled for - you are right.

2) OK, so in other words, unless I do what all the other loser traders do about setting stop losses I will get bagged.

?

So far it hasn't happened. If it does happen I hope it is not for at least 25 years.

Was there anything else? Yes! Sounds like you got a company - if you got some income let me get my hands on it to trade forex with - hehe.

Sam Number One (the original) (off to search "naked teen Emirati Princesses' vagina" on Google. //shrug//)

#25     Mar 17, 2004
  6. Doing shadow-talking again, Sam?

Three Sams in one: GamalRuach, Sampharo, and (probably) BSAM.

No offense, Sam.

:p

#26     Mar 18, 2004
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Funny eternal.......

BSAM is an "independent operator". Better check my resume (registration date).

#27     Mar 18, 2004
  8. brad1970

brad1970

03/18 2:22P (DJ)*DJ Japan Considering Reducing Forex Intervention - Mainichi

#28     Mar 18, 2004
  9. Whew... Luckily I put a "probably" word there.

How embarassing...:eek:

#29     Mar 20, 2004
  10. There was a young trader from Bright,
    Who blew up his account overnight,
    He shorted the yen,
    And then buggered a hen,
    Much to Donald and Robert's delight.

#30     Mar 20, 2004