Scalping the S&P E-mini Futures-ES

Discussion in 'Journals' started by El OchoCinco, Oct 11, 2005.

1. gonna' take 3 pt. profit at 1190. its MIT so more like 2.75... then I'm done for the day!

#11     Oct 11, 2005
  2. Ok here was another 1/2 point on a beautiful set up. Notice how hte index broke down through the trendline and then the TICK dropped like wildfire. I made a 3 minute trade which is noted on the chart below at the appropriate time.

Great for this future trade, but not so great for my SPX credit spreads LOL

Phil

#12     Oct 11, 2005
  3. appears to be a short term bottom... moving stop to breakeven.

took some profit at 1191

#13     Oct 11, 2005
  4. optioncoach,

do you take trades where the index starts moving in a direction, break out or something else... then as the index is moving... the tick starts moving in the opposite direction... but the price stays pretty stable.

Is this a good time to enter into the direction of the index?

I just noticed that here on the es... price broke down... in the middle of it, TICK spikes to +400 but the ES rises to only 1192... then starts moving down faster as the TICK falls apart.

Seems like something that would be suited to scalping, no?

#14     Oct 11, 2005
  5. Index ran back up to previous support line it broke through and bounced right off. usually pervious support becomes resistance so if that is the case, then another downward move is coming. Certainly would love to be wrong on this one.

RIght now is key point. If it moves back lower than that bounce of resistance is holding up for the moment. If it breaks back into the triangle then we might have a good long set-up.

Phil

#15     Oct 11, 2005
  6. I have found that large TICK swings can definitely highlight an entry when the SP is at a trendline point and cna either breakthrough or bounce. When that TICK dives or takes off and holds, the SP will follow suit shortly with a move in that direction will push the futures further for a nice scalp. Look at ym short scalp and you will see what I mean.

phil

#16     Oct 11, 2005
  7. I rarely do overnight trades but looking for a support bounce again perhaps I grabbed two Es contracts in the aftermarket at 1186.50. I rarely trade overnight so I only grabbed 2. SOme good and bad earnings in the aftermarket so lets see how it affects the sentiment tomorrow. We had a strong opening and it fizzled fast. Not too bullish but let's see if we get the same bulls in the pre-market to push up the futures.

Phil

#17     Oct 11, 2005
  8. Which tick are you using? NYSE, NASD, or some other?

#18     Oct 12, 2005
  9. NYSE TICK

#19     Oct 12, 2005
  10. Well end of the day opportunity for nice E-mini scalp. Overall market showing some strength going into the closing stretch. At around 3:40 PM or so the market starting going sideways in the 1-minute charts but the TICK jumped from around -500 to +500 and held the TICK.

So I jumped in long at 1182 and shortly thereafter the market moved higher on the TICK swing and jumped further when TICK hit +700. I closed out at 1184.

Chart with labels is attached. Missed a lot of opportunities today because I was buried in my option trades lol.

Phil

#20     Oct 12, 2005