Scalping the ER2 with one indicator

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Lorenzo, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Transact has the most reliable data feed after X-trader (that is good and really fast only through their platform, not through NINJA with the Fix adapter... that is slow). I have tried also the Zen Fire unfiltered ticks..... very fast but not stable during the day.... and not reliable in fast market.

I think Sierra Chart is better than eSignal (...having used eSignal for two years).

Sierra has a minimum chart update interval in 200 milliseconds, that is fairly good for tick and range bars ( I recommend for the ER2 a price range not below 4 ticks)

With eSignal I've had the same problems with spikes, and as I said.....there is not charting software on earth, able to avoid this problem...but it happens rarely during the session day

#31     Sep 17, 2006
  2. Thats a graphical output update interval ... incoming data may have sub 200ms intervals it just won't refresh the chart until 200ms have passed.

#32     Sep 17, 2006
  3. Hey 5pillars, Im sure you must think I stalk you from thread to thread trying to get you into trouble :)

Lorenzo thanks for sharing the charts, I'm certainly not trying to be critical of you or Sierra forgive me if that's how it came across.....I guess I should take it for a test drive it's one of the few packages that I haven't. (As an aside how are the drawing tools? They seem pretty weak in most charting packages)

..... anyway to continue, the point I was trying to make is that regardless of time between ticks or change in value between ticks the chart would fill in 'phantom bars' rather than have a bar longer than the 4tick value. Its simply a display issue. I'd post a chart but I'm in bed on a laptop (gotta love Sunday).

Anyway as I said before this is certainly not meant to be critisism just an observation :) please keep posting as I's certainly like to learn more on how you are using momentum bars.

Cheers,
    Nick.

#33     Sep 17, 2006
  4. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

The range may not be exactly because the program stores data in 2 seconds units.

However Sierra Chart supports two interesting options of range bars creation:

1) a new bar is formed when the range is hit
    2) a new bar is formed when the last price is outside the previous range

I prefer the second option. (even though this option can cause more gaps)

#34     Sep 17, 2006

5. Get a girl friend man!!!!

....and yes, now that I know this please stop stalking me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:D :D :D

#35     Sep 17, 2006
  6. It would seem many are confusing the moving average with the actual entry/exit price. Move your eyes vertically from the point where the moving average line changes color to the closing price on that bar. You will see lots of money lost.

-Raystonn

#36     Sep 17, 2006
  7. mtwokay

mtwokay

Use rsi for keeping you in the right direction plus a little ergodic and stochastic momentum for timing turns combined with adx to keep you out of the chop will provide a good foundation for a decent system. macd xover is too slow in my opinion.

Ensign Software provides pretty good range chart support and fills in the gaps as necessary.

#37     Sep 17, 2006
  8. Charly

Charly

Lorenzo

very friendly - from my point of view - to share your charts with the (very large)
    community.

In order to not to misunderstand certain things I would like to know,

what exactly you mean by RANGE BARS
    WHAT THE NUMBERS ON THE CHARTS
    ARE SAYING 0.3-0.4-1 Rng. etc.?

The INDICATOR YOU USE IS A KAMA OR
    AN AMA and WHICH PARAMETER IS IT??
    or
    USING A DIFF. CHART SOFTWARE I WONDER WHAT AN EQUIVALENT FOR JURIK'S MA WOULD BE?

(In case I have overed this or that I apologize :eek: ?

Thank you
    Charly

#38     Sep 18, 2006
  9. Charly

Charly

Might be a good idea as far as choppiness is concerned.
    Chart available + parameters???

Charly

#39     Sep 18, 2006
  10. dojistarz

dojistarz Guest

here's something similar with my twist added:

[​IMG]

The zones change when indicator is rising/falling.

With the prices: hull moving average

At the bottom: MA of OBV

RAnge bar: 5 ticks

when you get a color from top section
    wait to enter until you get the same color in bottom section.

#40     Sep 18, 2006