Scalping the ER2 with one indicator

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Lorenzo, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Lorenzo...good stuff. I promise not to post 33 times in one day to this thread. I get excited you know...

I will say that this is just as exciting as my first view of the zig-zag indicator when I did not understand what it was plotting while looking at it in hindsite lol...

Folks the longer those green and red lines last the more money for you...use the linear regression for your exits! trail the stop w/ 5 tick increments fro the ER.

Michael B.

#21     Sep 16, 2006
  2. top_step

top_step

I take it then this is not a standard Sierra Charts indicator but a custom built one?

Quote from topstep:

What parameters are you using for AMA. It appears Sierra Charts allows only the length to be varied. Do you know what the defaults are for fast and slow lengths in the AMA calculation?

It is not a classic AMA

I would say that it's similar to the Jurik MA

http://www.jurikres.com/

#22     Sep 16, 2006
  3. Lorenzo, why don't you add an envelope of this average and a stochastic to confirm it's a good zone trade. You'd have a pretty simple trading system.

#23     Sep 16, 2006
  4. mtwokay

mtwokay

Range charts are awesome but beware of the chop. A friend of mine tears up the market using them but I get killed. Like any other charting system, it takes time to learn all the nuances.

The one characteristic of range charts that I absolutely love is the ability to stay in a good trade and not get shaken out. As electric pointed out, just stay in while the bars remain the desired color.

#24     Sep 16, 2006
  5. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

I think the best addition to this "system" is a momentum indicator like the MACD

here's an example:

#25     Sep 16, 2006
  6. Throw on a 5/20 Ergodic (True Strength Index)..........beats the MACD imo.

#26     Sep 16, 2006
  7. It is a simple trading system now. How is adding two additional items going to make it simpler?

#27     Sep 16, 2006

8. You might find this interesting :-

http://forums.neoticker.com/showthread.php?t=984

A persuasive argument for range bars (though I am not sure I completely agree with all the points). I like constant volume though I am fond of 'regular' I fond constan range the hardest to get along with because they loose detail at turning and potential turning points.

Incidentaly as 5Pillars mentioned it looks like sierra is not displaying range bars correctly. However, If it works for you lets hope they dont fix it! If there is a gap constant range bars should be filled in between the two prints. I'm not sure that is the issue anyway you aren't going to be getting that many 5+ tick gaps intraday on ER are I think?

Cheers,
    Nick.

#28     Sep 16, 2006
  9. Come on man....you trying to get me in trouble again for my simple observations??? :D :D :D

#29     Sep 16, 2006
  10. I think he already has a pretty simple method with just price and that single line.

Nice work Lorenzo.

Kind regards,
    MK

#30     Sep 16, 2006