scalping the e-mini

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by eagerbeaver, Oct 6, 2005.

1. not this one --- i have an actual personal experience of spending almost three months in this room and i recommend it {the only room that i will recommend} ---- nitro that is like saying all women are bitches and i have actually found 4 that are not! :D

#51     Oct 11, 2005
  2. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the proper attitude because trading is a "continuing education" full contact sport imo!

#52     Oct 11, 2005
  3. nitro

nitro

Ok.

nitro

#53     Oct 12, 2005
  4. Quah

Quah

Is that DOM and subsequent trading (and P&L) running against a real money account or a simulated account?

Last year, when he was still "MarketShaman", one of Bill's partners posted here that the DOM you see in the room is in fact a simulator.

#54     Oct 12, 2005
  5. i think its like 1 out of 3000 who can profitably scalp the emini ina nd out trading 300-1000 contracts a day. 300 contracts for most people is a min $500 or so a day commission or 300 rountrips over $1000

#55     Oct 12, 2005

6. nope ---- real

#56     Oct 12, 2005
  7. Quah

Quah

That's interesting - can you shed any light on this post which was made on this http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36782 thread last year?

#57     Oct 12, 2005
  8. i do not recall "bobH" being in the room at all? I will talk to Billy about this tomorrow and see what he says. as far as the system goes i took about 1/2 of Billy's trades today {while still trading the system i always use at the same time} and made $637.50 trading the minimum size possible for the scale-in method {still learning everyday new aspects of market profile and when i feel fully comfortable with everything i will increase my position sizing}.

i know the method works well as i have made consistent profits using it everyday --- and this is important because if i can't make consistent profits with the system then i would not want to be wasting the time in this room.

#58     Oct 12, 2005
  9. Bob Hoffman is the bobh referred to, his ET nick is bundlemaker. Bob's an excellent teacher in his own right. I've been in the room since it started as a paid site. I took the first seminar offered. Billy used to show his simulator dome but he also trades for real at the same time and he trades much larger volume. All you have to do is listen in the background for the fill alerts.

Those who speak ill of scalping eminis should just admit they haven't been able to do it or that it doesn't fit their temperment. To say no one can successfully scalp eminis is as presumptuous as it is wrong. And you are very, very wrong!

I'd bet you could count the days Billy made less than 5 pts on one hand since I've been in the room. It isn't for hand-holding though. He teaches how to read the market order flow. Lately he's actually been telling people when to get in. He used to do that very infrequently.

#59     Oct 12, 2005
  10. nitro

nitro

More chatroom crap. unbelievable - every thread on this site eventually turns into a chatroom recommendation.

If you are stupid enough to believe that someone that does 100+ contracts on the ES is someone is trying to teach something in a chatroom, may you valla con dios.

nitro

#60     Oct 12, 2005