scalping the e-mini

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by eagerbeaver, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Macro, judging by your eager promotion of that particular site in this thread (at least three times) one might conclude that perhaps you have a vested interest in the said offered service... :D

#41     Oct 11, 2005
  2. Folks, these are the thoughts of a man just before he gets slaughtered in the markets. Next time you find yourself thinking along these lines, be prepared to get **** raped by the markets that day.

#42     Oct 11, 2005
    Gynesis likes this.
  3. Sir, pardon my ignorance, but I have read with great interest many of your posts on this website. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but you appear to be a man who has just entered into this venture. Rarely, do I hear veterans make such dubious claims about the ease in which one can generate profits scalping a market such as this. I also find it interesting the manner in which you have been "hedging on the fly" in your journal section. It seems that you have garnered quite a following in recent months by advocating an approach that may have recently stopped working. Care to comment sir?

#43     Oct 11, 2005

4. Well, actually, yes and no...funny I just met him, as he was former business partner of my Dad's. Anyway, the guy's mathematically inclined, etc., and had been taking an interest int he markets, reading books, and whatnot. Losing lots of money. Then, one day on vacation, walking a beach in Hawaii, starts thinking "What is price?" which then takes him down the rabbithole. Comes back, starts reading everything he can about price momentum, etc., to inform his own oddball insights into market action. Starts paper-trading es -- months of this -- than starts with one contract and then...well, he just keeps going. Now he's trading 500 contracts. Aims for 10 points a day. Will settle for five. Today he got eight. Yesterday, 20. Yes, he's a genius. Very quiet. Keeps his head down. He didn't say how much he made, but I saw him place a 500 contract trade, and he says that's his standard size, and I have no reason to think he's lying. And with numbers like that, well...

Anyway, one contract to 500 took him a couple of years. Obviously the exception to the rule. But, interestingly, he does answer the question I poised at the beginning of this thread.

Then, again, I guess this isn't, technically, scalping is it, as he looks for four-point-and-higher swings, looking to stay with an intrad-day trend as long as he can.

#44     Oct 11, 2005
    Gynesis likes this.
  5. 1. I never said it was easy or that anyone can do it with ease. I said it was not impossible but it depends greatly on the skill and approach of the individual trader. A method itself is not enough. That was quite clear in my post.

2. My journal speaks for itself and nothing has stopped "working". My hedges are all detailed in my risk management and there is no hedging on the fly or made up at the last minute. So I do not understand what the confusion is.

#45     Oct 11, 2005

6. no i am just actually shocked that i found a chatroom where the method makes a lot of sense and the teacher shows first hand how he makes money from the method {live DOM screen shots on many days} ----- that is VERY rare with all the crap chatrooms out there that do not teach much of anything worthwhile.

another neat experience i have had since spending time in this room is to see how effective the theory and use of "market profile" is. i love when i learn something new that has a very quick impact to my trading.

#46     Oct 11, 2005
  7. No Probs Macro. Wasn't having a go at you, its just as you say in your reply, most of these chatrooms are crap.

I might check it out then, I believe they offer a 14 day trial, its just that the website doesn't give any info. I really only auto-trade SIFs, but chart trade the occasional ES and NQ contract for entertainment and to keep up the skills - so always on the lookout for any new ideas, no matter how significant/insignificant they might appear.

#47     Oct 11, 2005
  8. no i knew you were not but i thought it was important to tell you how good this room has been --- yes they have a 14 day free trial and most everything takes place in the room each day {the learning} and the website is for once people subscribe in the future if they so choose.

#48     Oct 11, 2005
  9. nitro

nitro

Hehehehe
    Hehehehe

Here we go with the "good chatrooms" again. These guys never give up their games. It's ok, neither do we.

If you go into these for pay chatrooms, you will get what you deserve. They are ALL SCAMS.

nitro

#49     Oct 11, 2005
  10. I can assure you nitro, I am very skeptical. However, I am willing to see what its all about. Despite my skepticism, I cannot dismiss it without having a look. I might not learn anything from them, however, that does not mean that they do not offer any useful advice. I'm just curious...

#50     Oct 11, 2005