Scalping stocks strategy and prop firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by btrader85, Jun 21, 2017.

1. btrader85

btrader85

Hey, I´m new in this community, also, I´m new day trading in a real account.
    It´s my first 3-days green doing a new strategy: scalping stocks with quick profits and stocks in play who have fast extended moves, and adding liquidity to the market.

I would like to know if in this community anybody does the same, a high rate of executions per day adding liquidity and with a very low commission structure per share.

Can you share your trading style, strategy and experiences with your prop firm doing something similar?

I attach the today summary of my trades.

Thanks!
    Braian

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

What software and broker do you use? Our Lightspeed Trading software has a stock scanner to look for moving stocks like that. Many of my clients do the same as you.

Bob

3. btrader85

btrader85

Hi Robert, I use Sterling with a Prop Firm. I´ve tried Lightspeed and I think is an excellent platform! But the costs are a little bit high for daytrading I think and the initial account is higher.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Good to hear you are using our software. Yes, we must require $35k plus but I would not say our fees are high. We are amoung the lowest in the industry. I hope you are at a regulated prop firm.

Good luck

5. btrader85

btrader85

No, is not regulated and it is an off-shore prop, because I don´t have 35k and I need some buying power for the strategy. But, I have good references for people using it for years. I know the risks.

6. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

Great job btrader85! I traded prop for many years doing just that, but I focused on stocks with less volume. Most people including me abandoned scalping due to algo trading. If you manage to understand the tape of these stocks, you will do very well as they provide plenty of liquidity to get in and out of large positions.