Scalping Options

Discussion in 'Options' started by Fletcher, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Fletcher

Fletcher

Any recommendations for a new trader for easy and cheap options to scalp? I'd like to make some decent money doing this while I learn to trade options.

2. spindr0

spindr0

Two suggestions:

1) Use a simulator

2) Buy sheep, sell deer

3. donnap

donnap

SPY options.

I haven't traded QQQQ in a long time, but they're still very liquid, too, I believe.

4. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

Just go blow the money on prostitutes and drugs. you'll get far better results and not face the dissapointment you are setting up to endure.

5. wayneL

wayneL

But...but...but... It's the path to easy riches... isn't it?

:D :D :D :D :D

6. spindr0

spindr0

No! No! No! You've got it all backwards.

If you have a lot of money (like a lottery win), you spend 90% of it on booze, drugs and hookers and you waste the remaining 10%

:)

7. I find it difficult to believe that this is a serious question.

I can tell you right now that it impossible to find anything to scalp that is EASY and where you can readily make DECENT MONEY. And especially when you don't understand options or how they work and what (besides stock price) drives their prices.

If it were that easy, every trader would already be retired.

Learning to trade options may be a very difficult process for you - just becasue of your expectations.

Mark

8. you can short puts or calls on OTM options on the third friday of every month. Collect all those left over pennies.

You have to do it within the first 20 minutes while liquidity still exists and traders are buying to close OTM positions to avoid pin risk.