Scalping one stock ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Surprise, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Surprise

Surprise

Guys if i want to daytrade ( scalp ) one stock only which one u advice me to stick to ... ?

2. Boise

Boise

Are you looking for a penny a nickel a dime a quarter?
    Do you trade Direct Access Level II?
    Roughly what is your buying power?
    How much experiance?

3. Surprise

Surprise

i trade forex , indices from 4 years , i want to try to daytrade stocks instead of cable and euro , i mean by scalping to trade the stock many times every day and i dont mean to take a dime only , i want something moves quickly like GS , i want your ideas , which stock u found it easier to scalp ? is it better to concentrate on one stock only for daytrading ?

4. EpiphanyTrading

EpiphanyTrading ET Sponsor

Hmmm...... If you are looking to scalp one stock, try sticking to one that is in the news. However, you might not know that you really dont want to "scalp" it is rarely profitable after commissions.

If you need a list of stocks to trade, read Erik Kolodny's blog in the AM. He posts it on here.

5. Many of the newer 3x leveraged ETFs have become very popular for this purpose. However, alot of traders simply churn these on days when no move develops.

6. EpiphanyTrading

Agreed. However, if you buy the breakouts and break downs, with tight stops you can make alot with the leveraged ETF's

DANGEROUS for novice traders.

7. Surprise

Surprise

FAZ is an option ...

8. EpiphanyTrading

Along with the FAS SKF

9. Surprise

Surprise

what about indiviual stocks ? GS jumps .. , i dont want a stock moves cent by cent ...
    Is it better to watch one stock only and to stick with it while scalping ... ?

10. EpiphanyTrading

Feel free to PM me.

My name is Brendan.

#10     Mar 19, 2009