Scalping - no trend days

Discussion in 'Forex' started by salamanderforex, Sep 1, 2020.

1. 5 tick is $50 profit at 1M investment (where $40 is also the commission so $10 profit). Do you go in more than 1M on average? How much liquidity can Cable support before buyers run the opposite way? I mean some pairs are good with 1-2M and then providing liquidity more than that pushes things down. Do you bid in portions and not exactly big lots to keep buyers interested?

#21     Sep 9, 2020
  2. Esha.J

Esha.J

Scalping can be very profitable for traders who decide to use it as a primary strategy, or even those who use it to supplement other types of trading. Adhering to the strict exit strategy is the key to making small profits compound into large gains.

#22     Sep 10, 2020
  3. tedmos38

tedmos38

Yes there is always some movement in the market and that is what scalping is for.

#23     Nov 21, 2020
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Risking 5 to make 5 doesn't get you anywhere, those trades pay for themselves I find or almost, its the risking 5 make 30 that push the account ahead, but you have to do a few +5 and -5s before you luck into a 30.

#24     Nov 21, 2020
    wwatson1 likes this.
  5. tedmos38

tedmos38

Yeah... that is the game

#25     Nov 23, 2020
  6. Goreseno

Goreseno

Making a large number of transactions per day, a scalper trader gains invaluable experience, mastering the market day after day.

#26     Mar 27, 2021
    Handle123 likes this.
  7. destriero

destriero

I realize that 1) nobody reads these threads outside of E European posters and 2) you're into FX bc the barrier to entry is zero, but ask yourself if the space is worth the time considering nothing moved on Friday and there was huge opps in equities. Look at the swings on indices, China shares, etc.

250 pips in EURUSD over the last 30 days and that's as volatile as it's been in recent months.

#27     Mar 27, 2021
    caroy likes this.
  8. Handle123

Handle123

For many years did 200-300 trades a day, after 6 months you learn so much of trend and no trend, you develop patterns then test them. Scalping is not going for $50 but 1-2 ticks or a nickel is huge in stocks.

But so much time has past and rather start reducing scalping as there is 100% risk, and longer time-frames offer much smaller risk by hedging.

As one gets older, building your account less important and percentage gains makes more sense.

#28     Mar 27, 2021
  9. the success of scalping not only depends on good knowledge but also rely on brokers support , right now most of the brokers dont allow scalping and hedging in their platform.

#29     Mar 28, 2021

10. 1. you definitely have such days and that when you decide to take the foot of the gas and do some refinement and back testing

2. the days i don't trade i still count that as days not lost, sitting on your hands is still better than losing. i take a data based of months and quarters and yea there could be a week of slow price in a month

#30     Oct 8, 2021