Scalping Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by eusdaiki, Dec 11, 2006.

1. yesterday...

net-$51 took a constant ppounding from start to finish, at least it was fun.

#11     Dec 21, 2006
  2. -5 net 83 gross today.

Quite a fun day, up and down... little more than 200 trades... I listened to classical music, that help me keep my cool during a couple of nasty trades that could've been much worse...

#12     Dec 21, 2006
  3. +41 net +242 gross.

Starting to see some nice numbers, at least on the gross side... :p

The day was a roller coaster, started trading at 1130, little earlier than usual, started with my usual losses of -5, -8, then i took it to +28 early on the day, took a series of beatings all the way to -16, then +30 after a couple of good trades {I scalped a 5 cent spread with about 600 shares} again which I lost and droped to -14, then near the end of the day I was getting filled on 65.24 {outside the NBBO} while ARCA had a reserve at 65.25bid on RAI so I had bunches of fun buying NYB and selling to Archipielago on the spot... quite lovely.

#13     Dec 22, 2006
  4. Interesting posts esudaki,

How many shares are you trading as your default?

#14     Dec 26, 2006
  5. Depending on the stock, any where from a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand. I´ve been pushing higher volumes lately as I gain more thrust.

Today I had a fun day.
    At 2:43:19 our execution went down. At the time I had two short offers, 500 shares each on ASN at .63{my plan was to see which offer started getting filled first and kill the other one, I couldn´t fo it of course}... so the price goes up to .67 ... I can´t do anything but watch... I dont even see my position filled, I had to call both ECN´s to know they where filled {ARCA and Inet}... Thanks to God, execution came back up at 3:30 just in time for me to buy 2 cents above the low of the day at .52, the stock then rips to end the day at .79... and Im happily counting my profits, and thankfull to have my ass in one piece {and waterproof}

#15     Dec 27, 2006
  6. Today I was trying something new... and it didn't really worked out...

I was trading AG. I got long 1000 shares at 31.87 around 14:30... then instead of placing a single offer to exit I placed a bunch of small offers [300 shares each] at different prices, I was hoping that by cancelling them and placing large bids I could get some guys into buying... and they did...all at once. leaving me 1700 short at .85... [yes it excecuted 9 300 shares offers at the same time! losing me $20 from the original trade on the process]and thes tock started climbing like crazy, I was able to buy it back on a 10 cent loss... Total loss for the trade, -190... total loss for the day -162net -41 gross

#16     Dec 27, 2006
  7. Yesterday I had the flu... no trading for me... just lots of sleeping...

Today.

I had plenty of fun and it only cost me $1.51, I started losing about 40 net... things where looking gray and no fun to be found anywhere. Then around noon I found HYC, where i made several scalps with 3000 shares, made $209... not bad, so at this point my net is 168 and I find ATI, and it was time for my lesson of the day. I made a couple of trades with 1000 shares, around my third try Im long at 91.18 1000 shares. And ATI decides to drop like a rock, I should´ve seen it coming now that I look back, but that´s not really the point... the point is dont get yourself 1000 shares of ATI... after that trade Im down $1.51 net... closed for lost from top of $170. on the bright side I cant remember the last time I had this much fun on a $1.50

Happy new year.

#17     Dec 29, 2006
  8. ELN.

It was moving between 14.75-14.72 I had orders at .72 and .73 for buy and .74 .75 for sells...

2000 shares each. at 10:25~ the stock droped, filling both my bids at the same time. I simply put an offer at .73 to try to get an exit... 2 minutes later it starts droping like a rock. I liquidate the position at .65-.66 for a $290 loss on that trade... 247 for the day.

honestly, it pisses me off. makes me want to throw it all out the window. but I cant. I must accept the fact that it is just one bad trade. I must refuse to think of the money in terms of how much I could've bought with that money... that's pointless.

My biggest mistake today?
    Simple. Since I got more buying power last week I've been blowing up constantly, I try to jump into higher volume overnight. Making the same mistake that I know I shouldn't make.

Don't go above 1000 share lots on an account that has less than $100 per day net loss.

Dont trade before noon.

#18     Jan 3, 2007
  9. Today I had fun.

I started the day winning, made about 40 bucks. Then I got killed in ATR... [lost $63 on 300 shares] down to -17 [about $15 from close orders, due to lost from the top]...
    at this moment I felt quite a lot of anger towards the market. but I didnt do any revenge trades [as I usually would've done] instead I closed my eyes and disconected myself from the markets for a few seconds. In that moment I realized that regardless of what the P/L was, I had quite a lot of fun trading ATR. That helped me keep my cool.

From there I started recovering one buck at a time. I got small profits from various markets. After 75200 shares in 306 trades I ended the day +118 net +272 gross.

Today there where a few lessons to be learned. I followed my rules,

didn't trade before noon [first trade was 12:43, next one was 12:59]
    and I traded small blocks through out the day, I was never in with more than 500 shares, most trades where 300-400 shares.
    With such small sizes I had very little stress, and I didn't blow up even after taking a $0.21 hit. The most important of all was that by keeping my cool I was able to stay in the market, and I had plenty of fun.

#19     Jan 4, 2007
  10. Quite a lot of fun today.

It was one of those rollercoaster days. I was up $40 down $50 up $80, down 40, up $3 ended down $35 net +$156 gross. Some 300 trades and almost 80,000 shares.

Not great for the pnl. But it was sure a lot of fun :D On BCO I managed to trade almost 10% of the stock's daily volume... 50600 shares for a net of 22 bucks [yippy!!]

I traded small most of the day, save a couple of times when I went up to 800 or even 1000 shares... On monday I'll be holding myself back again to no more than 700 shares... :D

#20     Jan 5, 2007