Scalping: Is this consider a qualilty method of trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NJ1000, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Dude, your post is a case of the analogy taking over the point you were trying to make. I was with you until the "fish afro".

Peace dawg.

#31     Oct 1, 2003
  2. Mecro

Mecro

Thats exatcly what I was trying to say.

Great analogy.

#32     Oct 1, 2003
  3. blb078

blb078

what the hell does a low post count have to do with anything, why is it that most people arguing about this are putting their post up during market hours, shouldn't you be trading? i can care less what's going on at ET when the market is open, and no one ever said scalping is easy, the orig poster asked what the good scalpers make so people put a reply as to what people they now make, the fact is there are people making mid 6 figures scalping in this market, weather you or anyone else believes or not.

#33     Oct 1, 2003
  4. Ok then, maybe fish dreadlocks or fish braids would be better.

#34     Oct 1, 2003
  5. I'm reading this thread, and all the time I keep wondering, Why would someone who makes a few hundred thousand a year on a regular basis take on debt in any form? Next thing you'll tell me they all carry $20k on their credit cards.

#35     Oct 1, 2003
  6. Good. It was based on your posts :)

I understood exactly what you were saying, and have
    experienced the very same thing.

peace

axeman

#36     Oct 1, 2003
  7. LOL! Exactly! :D

Just imagine a shark with a few remora hanging off it as it
    cruises through the water with ease.

Now imagine the same shark with 4000 remora hanging off it :D

Would look like cousin IT with remora dreadlocks. LOL.
    It also would have a far more difficult time smoothly crusing
    through the ocean.

peace

axeman

#37     Oct 1, 2003
  8. Mecro

Mecro

The point is that he asked "good scalper" not the best. You're giving him the yearly income of the number of scalpers that one can probably count on their two hands.

A good scalper can make like 50-70k a year. The problem is that what a good scalper can make has been getting lower and lower by the month.

The best guys simply have the experience to be the top dogs and pull in the big bucks you speak of. One of them sits right next to me and has been doing it for 4 years. I think as the average he makes about 250k a year, but it has been getting less and less every year.

#38     Oct 2, 2003
  9. okwon

okwon

Not everyone is scalping stocks and not everyone scalping stocks is hitting the bid in front of shorties that are stepping. Although the numbers you post are probably true for trading equities the way you do, they might not be for other instruments. I don't know if the original poster was referring to stocks or scalping in general.

#39     Oct 2, 2003
  10. Million dollar house perhaps :confused:

#40     Oct 2, 2003