Scalping is Risky?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Coner1980, Jul 22, 2020.

1. which leverage is more appropriate for scalpers its a very question to answer , because depends on own trading strategy with money management , generally experts suggest low leverage ratio when time to scalp to avoid unfortunate risk and losses.

#81     Feb 21, 2021
  2. Darkwing

Darkwing

Scalping is as risky as any other trading method.

#82     Feb 22, 2021
  3. Scalping is considered risky for beginners because most beginners enter in forex for quick profit and scalping has the liberty to provide profit in a short amount of time.

Due to lack of knowledge and understanding about forex, many take high leverage and blow their accounts.

#83     Feb 23, 2021
    caroy likes this.
  4. Snow7

Snow7

I guess every trading style has certain risks attached to it. Why traders specifically call scalping more risky is because of the really short time period. Scalpers ought to have a good risk management system, else blowing up accounts is very common in this trading style.

#84     Feb 24, 2021
  5. Agreed, scalping is very useful if you do have knowledge in doing such trading so you can see many experience traders tend to do scalping to make a quick profit

#85     Feb 25, 2021
  6. Concesso

Concesso

Why do many beginners prefer scalping than any other method, and Is scalping easier to master?

#86     Feb 25, 2021
  7. LuckyMac

LuckyMac

I scalp quite often. I dont feel its any riskier than any other aspect of trading. You need to follow the rules whatever style youre looking to use. You have to have the mentality too. Thats one of the biggest factors.

#87     Feb 25, 2021
  8. Nothing is risky if you have a proven strategy and a solid mindset
    scalping for beginners could be tough because it requires quick decision making and often emotions can hinder it
    if you start as a intra day trader and slowly move to scalping i would be a lot less risky than starting head off with scalping

#88     Sep 3, 2021
  9. maxinger

maxinger

many people say
    scalping and day trading is very risky.

many people say
    go buy blue chips, big-cap stocks, US index futures.
    Just buy and hold for 10 years.
    And you will make a massive amount of money.

many people say:
    Just look at GOOG,AMZN, BTC, US index futures...
    See how much they have appreciated.
    Just buy and hold and you will earn tons and tons of money.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    #89     Sep 3, 2021
  10. kroxobor

kroxobor

Because returns are realised quickly and lack of patience is known downside of newbie traders.

#90     Sep 5, 2021